Looking For people in South Louisiana

outofcontrol

• 3 months later...

Hello- are you still looking for people in S LA? I live in NOLA- I'd like to contact others here who have/understand the condition.

I found this site 4 or so years ago, but haven't been here for a long while, unable to access the "new" forum, and then browsing the Facebook page for support and information. I've busted in years past, it worked, but I got complacent, and now stuck in a very bad 6 week cycle. (ECH)  Sometimes I'd  like to actually talk to someone, not type. 

• 1 month later...

nolaNancy- let me know how to get in touch. been suffering for 33 yrs with this. I live about 1 hour from N.O. in Thibodaux.Saw a Dr. in Chalmette last yr but the meds she prescribed DID NOT WORK. My only relief was oxygen. Busting has always been the way to go--sometimes 2 yrs w/o ha's with strong dose

hi- sorry I took so long to reply- bad habit of mine to not reply to emails, which just increases the isolation. I've had the HA for  15-+ years. In remission, but I can feel it creeping up on me- usually get a cluster in April.  Funny you mention a woman MD in Chalmette, I've  been to  her too, some years back. Tried to tell her about cluster busters, headache on the hill. Not interested.    I just read some of your posts from Nov.   Please call- I wonder if you ever got your grow together? I could use some support, encouragement w/ the mycology. I agree busting is the way to go. Just getting a little anxious about the coming season. Almost tempted to try the Pred. taper the MD offered, but in general, I'm not a fan of conventional meds. At least not for Cluster Headache! Best, Nancy

HAD A BAD COLD LAST YR DURING MY CYCLE AND WENT TO SEE MY GENERAL PRACTITIONER. TOLD HIM I WAS ALSO IN MY CYCLE OF CH. HE SAID "YOU SUFFER FROM THOSE" I REALLY HAVE SYMPATHY FOR ANYONE WHO SUFFERS FROM THOSE TYPE OF HA'S. HE SAID HE WOULD PUMP ME UP WITH STEROIDS WHICH WOULD KNOCK OUT MY COLD SYMPTOMS AND WOULD PROBABLY STOP THE HA'S FOR A WHILE. HE WAS RIGHT , WENT ABOUT 4 DAYS W/O A HA, THEN RIGHT BACK ON COURSE WITH 3-5 A DAY. WAS A HAPPY PERSON WHILE IT LASTED, BUT CAN'T TAKE STEROIDS W/O HAVING EYE PROBLEMS AFTER. STILL WAITING ON MY FARMER TO GIVE ME SOME GOOD NEWS, BUT STILL NEED TO FIGURE OUT HOW TO GROW MY OWN BEFORE THIS BEAST COMES BACK WHICH SHOULD BE IN A COUPLE OF MONTHS