Am I going chronic?

Jeff_007

I was wondering if there were any tell tale signs that you are going chronic.

Heres why......

About a month or so ago my Topomax stopped working. HA's started breaking through and I decided that I was going to try busting. Of course I need to detox first and I'm still not complete yet so I havent busted yet. But last week my HA's completely stopped. I mean completely even through the night. Not sure at that time whether the cycle ended but it did not seem to taper off and I have no idea where I am within my cycle at this time. The PF days lasted for 5 days with a tiny shadow here or there but no O2 needed at all.  Now the HA's are starting to come again. I've had a couple the past two days and then woke up last night with one and had to abort with O2. I have about 9 days before I'm completely detoxed and can start busting with shrooms, but I was wondering what people think about this.

Could the detoxing be having this effect on the HA"s?

Could this be a sign of a cycle ending and another one beginning, and maybe going chronic?

Anyone else ever have this happen???

Thanks for any input....

Could the detoxing be having this effect on the HA"s?

I would hazard a guess that the detox from the Topomax is the reason for the strange behaviour in your CH pattern Jeff.

Kind of a withdrawal symptom, from what is a nasty drug.

CArl...

Jeff, I think the Topamax is jacking your cycle all up.  I detoxed from Topamax during this last cycle I had.  My cycle lasted longer than ever.  Two months!  I am usually a four-six weeks person.  Like you, I started thinking, Jesus, am I going chronic?!  Anyways, I dont even think the Topamax was doing any good anyways.  Still got a cycle every year and if I quit taking the shit for a few days a cycle would come.  I am so done with that shit, never gonna get back on it!  I didnt taper off like you, I just quit it cold turkey, I was only on 50 mgs a day.  All it does is make you dependant on it and doesnt block shit!  Damn I sound like a pissed off bitch!   ;D

Thanks guys,

I agree I'm just probly overreacting to the fluctuations. I cant wait until I'm done with it either. I'm noticing that my concentration is much better now. I was at 100mg as my doc doubled my dose to see if it would help. Now I'm finally down to 25 a day and a few more days and I'm done.

Still having a few hits here and there, about 3 in the past two days,  but mostly I'm having some very irratic shadows that I've never felt before. Like the nerve is twitching sometimes too. So I definently think the detox is causing it.

I'm all good ;) Thanks for the reassurance.

I'll be busting next week.

Hi guys I've been detoxing from verap for 2 months now but having a really hard time ..3 times a day 1 during the day 2 at night ..fighting with 02 and ice but i ordered a shroom growing kit from amsterdam 3 weeks ago and nothing yet .I'm almost off all meds but i'm really tempted to go and ger a cortisone bole or whateaever they call it in the hospital 1 gram a day for 5 days and the neurologist says i will get better and back to having my yearly episode instead of cronic like i have been fo 1 year or more  I'VE HAD IT!!!  i really can't take much more of this and by the time i get my kit and my shrooms are ready it'll be october! i don't know what do do at this point, what do you suggest??

Yury66, that sux!  I dont know anything about verap.  I am new to busting but maybe you should order some seeds till you get your garden going.  I used Hawaian Baby Woodrose seeds (Hawaian strain) and it cut my pain in half.  I finally busted completely after taking 7.  That was my magic number.  I kept increasing the amount till I got it right but my pain was literally cut in half after my second dose.  Alot of people use the RC seeds, they are easier to use. 

Jeff, I had that nerve twitch too, right in the eyebrow where the CH would be.  It would just spaz out while I was working.  Oh, and your not over-reacting.  Becoming chronic is a huge fear for us that are eposodic.  I totally get it!

Yury, I as on predisone and verap for about a month during my first cycle this year. I started to detox to prepare to bust but was advised that Verap would probably not interfere with busting like other meds. I stayed on it for a while now in between cycles and decided to just stop and see what happened. Nothing for three weeks. But if the Verap is giving you relief you can continue to use it. Don't know where you live but you might try busting with RC Seeds while you are waiting for you schrooms. Many find they works well and at least in the states you can buy them legally and cheap.  O2 should help you but I wouldn't be in any hurry to detox until you have a substitute treatment plan in place.