Defrosting mushrooms

tobiashayes

Hi all

New here.

I found this while travelling, and it was a life changer, as I am sure you can all imagine. I have a new life now, and I am forever grateful. I spread the word anyway I can.

My latest cluster started about 2-3 weeks back. I have sourced some mushrooms, but I won't be able to get them for a few weeks, sadly.

I have a question. They have been sourced by my sister. Her friend is transporting them to her. They will start the trip frozen, and will be kept in a thermos flask. My sister will not receive them until the end of the day. My guess is that they will be mostly defrosted. Does anyone know if I can re-freeze them, and/or the effect all this will have on the potency of the mushroom?

I have never done a controlled dose before. Both my other doses were done while travelling, and I had no choice but to take a mushroom shake. Tripped pretty hard, which I would like to avoid, if possible.

Thanks for your time!

Toby

If they were frozen dehydrated you should be fine refreezing..  If they were fresh I would not refreeze as they will turn to mush (no pun intended).  The jury is out on effectiveness but many store them in fridge or freezer (best vacuum packed) and report retained efficacy years later.  Storing in honey is also popular.  Reports of low non hallucinogenic quantities seem valid with a dried 1-2 gm seeming to do the trick.  Tripping hard is not the goal or even desirable.  The goal is to terminate a cycle and live well.

• Like 1