A bit of hope…

dpt10

Fellow warriors,

I am 23 years old and have had cluster headaches for about 6 years. I still remember the first one, 17 yrs old –  a long distance flight from America to Europe, I thought my head was going to expload. The attacks started increasing in regularity shortly after that. I am now at a stage where I have up to 8-9 attacks a day, every day. Luckily, oxygen works for me (only when the attack occurs on the left-side, not on the right) and I believe I have found another solution which works practically every time- will detail it later.

Although may condition may seem terrible (and it is) I decided to write this post to give everyone out there a bit of hope as I seriously think there is a cure somewhere.

As most of you will know, cluster headaches are a rare condition that affect 1 in 600’000 people. There is very little research undertaken and the solutions are mostly known: Oxygen, Verapamil and other pills.

I truly think that in order to comprehend this ‘disease’, we must compare ourselves in every way in order to figure out what similarities may lead to this condition.

For myself:

I am male, 23 years old

Live in Europe

Have had orthodontic treatment since small

I have had big sleeping problems since I’m 13 yrs old (I tried melatonin therapy for a long time) and still sleep very little

Have been smoking tobacco for about 8 years

Have been smoking marijuana for about 8 years (very frequently triggers an attack not long after smoking)

I’m not much of a drinker although I do drink on occasions (I’ve noticed alcohol often triggers attacks)

I never tried other drugs before having my first attack but I do now (cocaine seems to block the attacks)

I have chronic sinusitis and tend to use those decongestant sprays often

I have been living close to a lake most of my life (I’ve noticed on several occasions that attacks didn’t occur when I was in places below sea-level ex: Amsterdam)

My worst attack occurred on a plane when I was flying from Europe to America – It lasted 9 hours, I threw-up about 30x and the pilot had to call for passengers that could help me. I remember that at one point I was wishing to die for it to end. And strangely enough, at the very instant the plane landed, my attack suddenly disappeared.

What about you? Is there anything in this list to which you relate?

Now the good part:

As mentioned earlier, there seems to be a natural solution to make the attack disappear within 15-20 minutes. I know it may seem strange but I admit it works practically every time for me: Masturbation.

When I have an attack, whether it being on the left side or on the right side / beginning of the attack or middle, I lie down, close my eyes (as screens or light hurts too much) and try to focus on something I really enjoy. At first it doesn’t do anything and it may even hurt more but there is a point where, when fully focused, you start feeling pleasure (I believe your body starts producing Oxcytocin, Serotonin). At this point, the pain decreases and remains bearable. It’s quite interesting because as soon as I lose my focus or physically stop what I’m doing, the pain comes back immediately. I therefore try and remain as long as possible in that ‘pleasure state’ by keeping my focus and strangely enough, after about 15-20 minutes, the attack completely disappears. I’ve also noticed that if I ejaculate before the attack is completely over, the pain can come rushing back to the initial state and can last an entire phase.

Does anyone relate?

I also learned that LSD had been used to treat cluster headaches and the results had been surprisingly good:  34 / 54 patients completely cured after a few ingestions.

A documentary was shown on ARTE and National Geographic:

Please note: LSD is a dangerous drug and I am in no way trying to promote the usage of LSD for recreational purposes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nvGol-hPxJw

(LSD – Separating Drugs from molecule)

For my part, I have never tried but I’ve decided to try it soon although there is no legal way to do so. I will make sure to be in the right environment with the right people around me. I strongly believe that we should spread the word in order to allow medical research to be undertaken so I don’t have to do this illegally.

Lastly I want you to know, fellow warriors, that you can decide of the life you have, even with these attacks. I’ve had phases where I spent entire months in bed, alone, completely desperate with no hope. But I then decided to live, whatever the price. I force myself to go out with friends or have them come over in order not to let my social life disappear. I’ve finished my studies and am working full-time in a city 1hr away from where I live. At the age of 22, I founded my own enterprise and have been running it successfully after work since.

Sometime I want to quite everything, but I try to stay strong. And all of you can do exactly the same if you really want it. Resist. RESIST. Every day will make you stronger and stronger and the day it will be over, you will be unbreakable.

• 2 months later...

Yes it works great for me too. I get mine only once a year or so but they are severe and last for about a week. For me the trick is to get going before the cluster gets severe. However, I have done it during a severe attack but it's hard (no pun intended). Even in severe pain once the "pleasure state" starts to kick in the pain miraculously disappears completely. I try not to finish the job in case I need to do it again but usually the first time does it for at least 24 hours anyway.

Its free, safe, and natural. Most important it works for us and hopefully others too.