New here.. hoping for a little advice

Justin Sane

I am 29 years old and have had cluster headaches since I was 7. They took a brief hiatus in high school and came back with a vengeance when I was 19 and have never gone away. I would to get them every day all year long until I met Dr Eross and he literally saved my life and put me on verapimil 600mg a day and prescribed O2 and injections. Now they come every year for about 4 months straight starting anywhere from January to March. 10+ headaches a day every single day of excruciating and debilitating pain to the point where I wonder if I will die. I use oxygen so often that I have a HomeFill machine and I spend thousands of dollars on injections every year. I am in a cluster period now and get prescribed an 18 day taper of Prednisone and it works while I take it, but within days of finishing I am back to Headaches. I am going to try an occipital nerve block in March. I also started taking 10,000 iu of Vitamin D and 500mg of magnesium every day.

I have recently (this weekend) decided to finally try mushrooms because at this point I am willing to do anything to make them stop. I made a tea with a very small dosage and drank it. My friend said to do it once a month every month but I've also read to only do it 5 times during the actual cluster period. Anyone out there that has resorted to this technique care to lend any helpful advice? Thanks for reading..

First, you need to know that it's not likely to help you if you take it less than five days after an imitrex injection.  This is common belief here -- maybe you will turn out to have a different experience.  Also, taking a "very small dosage" once probably won't help. Read the numbered files in the ClusterBuster Files section of this board to understand the standard protocol, but basically it's (1) 5 days off imitrex; (2) a recommended dose of roughly 1.5g of dried psilocybin mushrooms, taken every five days.

If you're going to do the D3 regimen, you should do the whole thing.  Read about it in the ClusterBuster Files section.  Take the calcium about 8 hours away from the verapamil.  Also, if you are going to continue with imitrex, you should read the file, "Extending Imitrex," which is also in the ClusterBuster Files section.  You can use half to a third as much imitrex to stop each attack. (Many people are convinced that imitrex/sumatriptans extend CH cycles and create substantial rebound attacks.)

• Like 1

CHF has given you some great advice. There is a lot of knowledge in the Clusterbuster Files. I hope you read several of them!

Playing Well Together is also a good one you must read. There are some meds that will block your busting attempts and must be avoided for several days before dosing. I would recommend 1.0gm for starters if you are new to MM. Then work up a bit depending on your personal response.

It is advisable to have a 'sitter' with you if possible, especially if it is something you are not accustomed to taking. Your will find help with preparation in the files too. Set and setting are important. Being in a good frame of mind in a comfortable setting are important.

The D3 Regimen can lower the intensity and slow the ramp-up of your hits. Some even go pain free on it! And it is just good for you. Give it a try as it can help quickly. Take the full regimen!!! You could notice a pain reduction in very short order.

There is a great file on how to use your O2 to best advantage in the CB Files too. Proper breathing of your O2 can speed your aborts and reduce the amount of O2 you need per hit.

The way these medicines are used is pretty specific and based on a lot of CH heads out there. I'm sure that your friend means well, but the advice is not quite hitting the mark here.

ATB

• Like 2

• 4 years later...