Help In Florida

Apples

I am an episodic CH sufferer and I'm starting a new cycle soon.  I was at the Nashville Conference and learned a great deal but at that time I had just finished my cycle as I'm fortunate in my cycles occur every 3 years and last about 5 months.  I'm looking for someone who lives in the South Florida area who can answer some questions that I have about busting.  I do not understand the detox process and am completely unaware of the D3 regimen that I've read on this site.  My anxiety level if off the chart knowing what is about to come.  Thanks so much in advance for your help.

wish i lived closer Jan, but know we have all been there. you are really lucky to have even met another person who has CH, i have been fighting the beast since 2000 and have never personally spoke to another person that even stood a chance of knowing what i was talking about. as far as information goes this is the place to get it. it is helpful if you elude to your question in your post heading so people cruzing the topics have a better idea of what you need. Good luck 

You need to attend a Clusterbusters conference. Watch this sight and you will learn all the details.  They are held in September of each year.  It was a wonderful experience to be in a large room with either CH sufferers or their families. It is a very lonely disorder and people who haven't experienced can't begin to understand it.  

Being from Bloomington I'm assuming you are a huge IU fan. I grew up in New Albany and all my family is still there.  There can't be bigger IU fans than my family members.

Thanks for the tip when posting my question.  Take care of yourself.  We all need each other.

gonna try to make the chicago conference this year. I was transformed when i first read someone else's words describing things i was going thru when i first found clusterheads.com, i'm sure that actually meeting the same people would be even more beneficial.

thanx for being here, sorry you have to be

The D3 regimen is described in the ClusterBuster Files section in some detail.  I see that the switch to the new board has messed up some of the formatting, but I think it's still readable.  Here are the ingredients (hope the formatting holds when I post it).  If you are taking verapamil, take it 6-8 hours apart from when you take the calcium supplements.  Read more here: http://www.vitamindwiki.com/Cluster+headaches+substantially+reduced+by+10,000+IU+of+Vitamin+D+in+80+percent+of+people

Supplement Dose
Vitamin D3 (Cholecalciferol)

10,000 IU/day
(Adjust as needed to keep serum 25(OH)D near 80 ng/mL)

Omega 3 Fish Oil 1000 to 2400 mg/day
(Minimum of EPA 360 mg/day, DHA 240 mg/day)

Calcium * 220 to 500 mg/day

Magnesium 400 - 800 mg/day (magnesium chloride, glycinate or oxide)

Vitamin K2 (MK-4 & MK-7) MK-4 1000 mcg/day,
MK-7 200 mcg/day (MK-7 preferred due to half-life)

Vitamin A (Retinol) * 900 mcg (3,000 IU) for men,
700 mcg (2,333 IU) for women (Maximum Dose)

Vitamin B 50 3 month course,
after that, the 7 B vitamins in the Mature Multi will be sufficient

Zinc * 10 mg/day

Boron * 1 mg/day minimum, 3 mg/day optimum

Regarding detox, you can read about it, with some inaccuracies, at the file called "Playing Well Together" in the ClusterBuster Files section.  Because there are some inaccuracies there, I would suggest that you post your questions in the "Share Your Busting Stories" section of the board.  Many people can help you if you describe all meds you are now taking.  In essence, you want to be off most pharma meds, particularly sumatriptans, for five days. Verapamil at lower levels doesn't seem to block busting.  About other things, such as steroids or topirimate, I think there are still open questions.

• Like 1