Hot Sauce in the noce for Cluster Headaches

:D:D:D:blink:

This is one of the reasons I started with the app. Every patients has to do a lot of experimenting and spending money, before they find any relief. Thats our Journey. By knowing the Journey others had, we could avoid taking the road to Moscow if we want to go to Rome :)

But I would love to hear if there are people with positive reactions.

I have used a product called Sinus Buster, which is essentially pepper spray, for about three years. It works about 70% of the time. I had also heard about people using hot sauce under the tongue. I didn't think I could hold sauce that long, so I use atomic fireballs instead. Again, helps about 70% of the time.

If I recall correctly, it was Ricardo that had mentioned the hot sauce.

Edited by CDog
Edit for credit
  • Like 1

I can sometimes prevent a full attack by eating spicy food when I feel my warning. I believe this is an effect of stimulating the ganglia above the palate. Some studies find ganglia stimulation effective in some cases. Like all the treatments, it does not work with everyone. I think people with food triggers may be less inclined to try this.

yes I have (cayenne powder)...hurts like a bitch... WHILE you still endure the ch hit...but...give it a try...we all the same...AND all different..

...careful at work...folks see you disappear....and come back with red eyes and the "sniffles"...assumptions are made....

• Like 1

Ok, nice, more reactions than I expected.

I do like spicy food, I even put chili on my cheese sandwich, so the spicy part will normally not be any problem, but in my nose... well an attack is worse.

I will add it as a button to the app so we can use it to register. How shall I call the button? Chili , Pepper, Sinus buster?

I think you'd capture it more generally with "capsaicin" or, probably better, "hot peppers."  Sinus Buster is a product.  Of course, as we've seen, people administer the peppers in a range of ways, from eating spicy food to sticking one thing or another in their nose.

• Like 1