Help needed fast

Tsciant

I am really sorry.  I did say in my first post that you needed to be sure that where you went sold filled tanks.  I should have emphasized that more, given the stress you were under.  I'm really sorry for your going through all that.

Have you ever had any success aborting or lessening attacks with energy shots (such as 5-Hour Energy) or energy drinks?  A lot of people get some relief that way, if they drink them at the first sign of an attack.  The energy shots are actually more likely to be effective, because despite their smaller size they contain more caffeine and more taurine.  Some people find that putting their feet in a bathtub with very hot water helps calm an attack.  And this, also from my first post: >> In a pinch, some people have talked about going to a local fire or EMT station, where they have O2 and have let at least some people use it.  And this is last last ditch -- some people get some relief from putting their heads in the freezer or up against a full-blast air-conditioning outlet and breathing deeply. <<

There's a thread here in which people discuss their natural methods to abort or reduce attacks. https://clusterbusters.org/forums/topic/3655-my-natural-ways-to-stop-the-pain/#comment-46865   I know of one other person who tried the lime method in the tenth post and felt that it helped.  Melatonin (also mentioned there) helps a lot of people.  Some get help with a capsaicin product in the nose (Sinol is one of those products), but other find that the burning just adds to their misery without stopping the attack.

2 hours ago, sierra said:

Are you sure the tank was full?  take the regulator off and just crack the valve on the tank for a second, should be high pressure escaping when you crack the valve...if not, the tank is empty.

Yep I just assumed the op got it filled.  They are empty when you get them. shit.

Potter

I'm an o2 guy.   I've tried a hundred things.  o2 go to.  I read something about kudzu that sounds promising I'm going to try that out.  I'll have two hits tonight that I'll have to just pace through.  I have to go outdoors for some reason.  I thought I was getting a hit today which was odd because I usually only carry a shadow throughout the day.  I did the Red Bull and a BC and it helped.  I'm just so drained.  I don't get any sleep during my cycle.  I do appreciate all the help today even though it was a dead end.   Still kept me busy.  I have it good compared to many.  Episodic and a month out of each year.  But god.  Why.  

Okay, just one more thing (which you might also have tried) -- many people find that their hits are reduced if they sleep sitting up in a recliner (head higher than heart I think is the standard) or sleep sitting at a table with their head on a pillow.

Wishing you the best.

Ts', I hope you have your medical O2 in place today, and I hope last night wasn't too terrible for you.  It wasn't clear to me what kind of oxygen tanks you have from your medical supplier, but many are willing to give you multiple tanks, including large ones (since you bought a regulator yesterday, I am assuming/guessing that you don't have nig M or H tanks).  Of course, if you have to go get them yourself, those big ones are not easy to lug around.  From what you've said about your supplier, I'd say it might be time to look for a new one.  Since you've said you live in a city, you should have multiple options.

FWIW, if you didn't return that stuff you bought from Harbor Freight, you can get that tank filled at any industrial oxygen supplier (Airgas, Praxair, and Linde are the names of a few), to have as a backup.

Interesting experience last night.  As you know I was without o2 and freaking the heck out.  I was terrified quite honestly.  So at midnight I went to the Norton hospital ER in hopes they would send me home with a tank of o2.   I explained to them I was not in serious pain, but would be throughout the night because I had run out of o2.  Shockingly, the ER doctor understood exactly what I was facing and sent me on my way with a E tank to get me through the night.  And I'm sure glad he did.  So thankful.  Worth the $200 bill I will get for the visit?  Yep.

Also, I want to clarify.  I get my o2 from a medical supply and use your typical regulator for e tanks. 

Also want to clarify why this happened.  A washer on my regulator was all worn and cracked and so when I got my early morning hit my tank was empty, so I had to endure a really bad one, then go into trying to get a replacement tank yesterday.   Normally this would not have happened.  Check your washers!  

Yes today I got 3 tanks and am all set.  This will not happen again.  

Thanks again for the support.  As for sleeping upright, etc.  Doesn't seem to help me.  

• Like 2

Wow!  Good for you (and that ER doc)!  First time for that one.

In my opinion, anyone with CH would be well advised to seriously consider the D3 regimen.  It's basically good for you, and it affects attacks (weaker, less often, or eliminated) in positive ways for more than 85% of people who do it. End of advice.

• Like 1