finding doctor

eric

Hi I have been deeling with CH for 3 years now. I thought i had it under contol with vitaman and childs dose of Benadryl during spring and fall.

but the this spring has been bad! I usally get them in evening but I have benn getting them at all times and sometimes mutipleble ones.

Does anyone have advice on finding a doctor who will understand what I am dealing with. (not a migrane)

I live in south florida if anyone has a referal.

thanks in advance for any help.

Eric

If you have a solid diagnosis I would advise finding a open minded decent family doc or internist.  Develop your own treatment plan based on data found here and present it to him or her and have them support the plan.  Such a plan should include D3 (listed in our archives), availability of home high flow O2 with non re breather mask, continued use of benadryl (with perhaps higher dose).  You can decide for yourself regarding other things you need a physician to prescribe (verapamil, steroids, triptans)  most of us here have tried prescription stuff and try to avoid because the efficacy is limited and side effects suck.  Depending on your comfort level and severity of disease you may also explore alternative options.  Bob's Big Book is an excellent resource to develop a personal plan.  The main point is, your doc does not need to know much about clusters but must have the capacity to listen, be reasonable and willing to work your plan.  In reality finding such a person should not be that hard, most docs do want to make a difference in peoples lives.

• Like 2

If you go to the pinned item of Recommended Doctors list at the top of this page and open it, you will find a link in the first post. Click on it. There is a listing for Docs in FL.

Hope that it includes one near you.

• Like 1

Thank you Pebblethecorgi!

I have been on D3 as listed for 2 years and it helped a lot. last fall when they came back i started benadryl and within a week they were under control.

This spring nothing seems to help. 

thank you both! its nice to know there are pepole that understand what I'm going through.

spiny, I cant find lnk on this page or home page