I'm New...need advice on oxygen, shrooms, woodrose seeds

konaguy

38 year old male. August 18th had an intense headache..was unusual since I don't remember my last headache before then.  Had 2 or 3 during the next week or so that were medium strength.  Got off creatine (thought it may be causing it) and had a couple days of no headaches.  Then last night aug 31, I'm woken two hours into sleep with super intense pain that had me sitting on the floor and eventually going to the ER--got a CT scan to rule out bleeding..still thinking of MRI to rule out tumor...any thoughts on that?  All have been on right side..this one clearly around my eye area.

I go back home and fall asleep, woken again in a few hours by  intense pain but not quite as overwhelming.

Now I'm researching and want to avoid pharma drugs and am interested in oxygen, shrooms, and woodrose seeds.  Can you give me advice on dosage levels? I'm hoping I don't need a full blown trip.  I've taken shrooms twice in my life and had a pleasant time, but would rather not have to do a full trip living on my own.

Lastly, any advice for clean, safe sources? I'm in the Vancouver BC area. I know the wrong mushroom can kill you and I'm sure one needs to be careful with seeds as well.  Thanks so much.

PS

possibly related, I was woken up a few months ago a few times from sleep out of breath, like I forgot to breathe...may have some apnea issue.

There's not enough information here for me to be sure you have CH.  Not saying you don't, but as you suggest, it could be other things.  In addition to one-sidedness and centering around the eye, other symptoms include watery/teary eyes, runny and/or congested nose, swelling around the eye, and drooping eyelid. The pain can spread to other areas of the head and neck. People usually find it impossible to be still during an attack: they pace, rock, etc.  Since if you have CH you would be in the early stages, you would not yet necessarily have all the symptoms.  There's a list of recommended doctors in Canada here.  Pretty old, unfortunately, but maybe it'll help: https://clusterbusters.org/cluster-resources/  If you see a competent doctor and are diagnosed, s/he should prescribe oxygen.  You can't get medical oxygen without a prescription.  This feels like a bridge that can be crossed when you come to it.

With seeds, you would not be likely to have any kind of trip at all.  With shrooms, a trip is always a possibility.  There are reliable vendors of seeds in Canada, including www.tranceplants.net (though they are on the other side of the country, in Montreal).  The seeds are legal to buy and possess.   You can read all about treating CH with shrooms and seeds in the numbered files in the ClusterBuster Files section of the board.  You should also read there about the vitamin D3 regimen that helps lots of people.  

Sleep apnea is often associated with CH.

I'm not trying to push you away (wouldn't have written so much if I was).  Just saying you probably need more info before you start treating yourself for CH.

Yes, CH is very horrible.  If you have CH, it is manageable with the right treatments.  The most effective non-pharmaceutical way to abort a CH attack is to quickly drink an "energy shot," such as 5-Hour Energy, at the first sign of an attack.  You can do an energy drink (Monster, RedBull), too, but the energy shots, though smaller, typically have more of the ingredients you need (caffeine and taurine).

What did they do for you at the ER?  If any pain medication, even the strongest ones, was given to you and it actually helped, you probably don't have CH.  Even morphine doesn't stop a CH attack. Again, for some reassurance -- there are some things that do stop attacks, just not standard or extreme pain medications.

I would say that "throbbing" is a rare description.  You should keep a headache diary; it will help the doctor.  I can kind of see the "biting down hard on sheet metal" part.  The other symptoms I mentioned above are more indicative of CH.  I'd say that CH pain is more commonly described as stabbing (an ice pick to the eye), burning, intense pressure -- things more constant than throbbing.  But, of course, you gotta get to a doctor as soon as you can.  Preferably a headache center, or at least a neurologist.  Most general practice docs, and many neurologists, don't have a clue about CH (if that's what you have).

You might take a look at the "triggers" list in the ClusterBuster Files section, just in case something pops up for you there,