extreme nausea with shadow

eliz

After 50 years I am still having cluster headaches usually 1 to 3 years apart.  This time, about 2 weeks ago, I started feeling really nauseous when I woke up and periodically throughout the day.  Also have shadow throughout the day.  I did mushrooms twice and will try again this week.  Anyone else have this pattern? For the first time I am sticking with mushrooms and no other meds.  Advice to keep the cluster from blooming into full scale terror?

HI eliz,

Please go to the Clusterbuster Files section of the board. It will give you info on the D3 regimen. That can be a huge help in lowering the severity and slowing the ramp up of any hits. Some have actually gone PF on that alone.

The nausea is not something that I have seen referred to by many. Migraines will cause nausea. CH, not normally. A few report it.

Do you have O2 and a non-rebreather mask? Do you have O2 to abort hits?

Many use caffeine at the first sign of a hit or even a shadow and get very good relief. A lot of us will down some caffeine on the way to to the O2.

ATB

Ok. You mean the mask with the bag attached, right?

I would suggest that the nausea and shadow were actually two different things going on. Just happenstance that they occurred together perhaps? It happens. Here's hoping that tomorrow the nausea is gone. :)

Best of luck on your busting efforts!!

Actually the nausea started when the shadow did and it appears just like a headache would, upon waking etc.  This has been going on for two weeks.  Is it ok to bust again for the 3rd time, waiting 5 days inbetween.

Thanks for responding

Just a note regarding masks.  Both the non-rebreather and rebreather (partial rebreather) have a bag attached.  The difference is that the non-rebreather blocks exhaled air from going into the bag (so you aren't rebreathing any of the air you exhaled, and are getting only pure O2), while the partial rebreather allows exhaled air into the bag.  You want the non-rebreather.