Different feeling pain than normal

Doug M

Hey guys, new to the forums. Been dealing with CHs for 7 or 8 years now and the pain of this recent attack seems to feel different than previous years. The pain is still behind my eye, cheek, jaw and nose but like not exactly the same locations of those places as previous attacks. Also, unlike previous attacks, i can hear my sinuses crackle and the pain lingers whereas it use to just instantly stop after an hour or so. Can anyone relate?

Cheers, 

Doug

For years (about 20) my CH presented itself almost exactly the same way year after year ... that is until this year. For whatever reason, the pain, although very dull, seemed to linger longer no after the peak of the attack. This beast has a mind of its own. I have noticed the sinus crackle over the years but it would usually happen as my cluster was subsiding and the clogged / draining side would reduce pressure, so not sure if that is what you refer to. You may want to get a scan / MRI to rule out anything else if the difference seems to be that noticeable. Best of luck and may you see some relief soon. 

• Like 1

Thanks for your response. It makes me feel a little better knowing that its happening elsewhere. Maybe its naive but Im pretty confident if the pain was a signal of something critical it would present throughout the day or be constant rather than only after I fall asleep. Again, your response is appreciated and best of luck to you as well.

• 1 month later...

Hey Tpos,

I cant say that I noticed a difference in weather compared to previous cycles but my sinuses this time were much much more active and noticeable. If you're sinuses are really bothering I highly recommend using a neti pot daily or twice daily. I live in Michigan if that helps. Hope your pain is short lived! 

Doug

My pain is almost always on the right side in the same place,  but when I take imitrex or relpax I sometimes get a left sided rebound several hours later. Sometimes its worse than the original , not always though. This is the main reason I hesitate before using triptans. 

3 hours ago, Zipp said:

My pain is almost always on the right side in the same place,  but when I take imitrex or relpax I sometimes get a left sided rebound several hours later. Sometimes its worse than the original , not always though. This is the main reason I hesitate before using triptans. 

Yeah Zipp, I stopped using triptans a few years ago because they can be bad for your sexual health. Oxygen is a life saver.

• 4 weeks later...