Vitamin d test result

konaguy

Same test.  Results get reported in different formats.  The calculator here says it's 51.7  http://www.endmemo.com/medical/unitconvert/Vitamin__D.php

Same here: http://www.vitamindservice.com/node/91

84 is the average level that Batch has found in his research for people who have become PF, so you could consider it a target, but you might need more (or less).

• Like 1

You should forgive me for continuing to say this, but IF you have CH, that would be a reasonable target.  (It's probably a reasonable target for anyone -- my point is that since I don't think we/you know what's up with the attacks you have experienced, I have no way of knowing whether your D level is relevant or not.)

What's been happening with you lately, in terms of attacks, doctor visits, whatever?

General practitioner didn't know. Referred me to neurologist which is over a month away. Chatted with a chiro who didn't want to adjust because my symptoms could be a mini stroke possibly. He also mentioned could be occitpital nerve issue.   And that I have a head tilt which could be part of it. I'm seeing a rolfer / cranio sacrum practitioner tommorow. 

Hey KonaGuy,

You Kamaina?  129 nmol/L = 129/2.5 = 51 ng/mL. If you are an episodic CHer, your target 25(OH)D serum concentration is 80 ng/mL (200 nmol/L)...  If you are a chronic CHer...  your target 25(OH)D serum concentration is 100 ng/mL (250 nmol/L).

Either way, if the CH beast is still jumping ugly... I would take 50,000 IU/day for another week then drop back to an initial maintenance dose of 10,000 IU/day.  If the CH beast continues to jump ugly after taking the first dose of 50,000 IU/day...  I would start chewing/popping the 50,000 IU worth of vitamin D3 liquid soft gel capsules between my back teeth then swirl the contents under my tongue and between my cheeks and gums (sublingula and buccal) for 4 to 5 minutes without swallowing for another six days...  I would also take 25 mg of Benadryl (Diphenhydramine HCL) at bed time for the next six nights.

You can also download the latest version of the anti-inflammatory regimen CH preventative treatment protocol at the following link.  Be sure to share a copy with your PCP or neurologist.  That way you’re both singing from the same sheet music.  Henry Lahore, the brains and brawn behind the VitaminDWiki website posted this treatment protocol for me on 21 January, 2017.  As of 7 September, readers of this post had downloaded 3129 copies.  

http://www.vitamindwiki.com/tiki-download_wiki_attachment.php?attId=7708

If you scan the following QR code with your smart phone, it will download a pdf copy of the treatment protocol to your phone.  The QR Scanner app is free.  It takes less than 10 seconds to download and install.

LkufLye.jpg

If the above doesn't have you CH pain free in three days, please let me know...

Take care,

V/R, Batch

14 hours ago, konaguy said:

General practitioner didn't know. Referred me to neurologist which is over a month away. Chatted with a chiro who didn't want to adjust because my symptoms could be a mini stroke possibly. He also mentioned could be occitpital nerve issue.   And that I have a head tilt which could be part of it. I'm seeing a rolfer / cranio sacrum practitioner tommorow. 

What is the status of your attacks?  Still having them?  Having any "shadows" that seem to suggest that an attack is lurking?

not sure what a shadow is but when I woke with panic I had  slight eye pain ache and the pressure. Also this morning an ache aroind that eye. Since and before then mostly dizziness. Dizziness is easing up. Not sure because of time or added taurine to regimine. Sleeping with breathe right strips as well to open nose as I'm wondering if sleep apnea plays a role..about 3 times a few months ago I'd wake up like I forgot to breathe.

A shadow is a kind of ominous feeling in the area where you usually have pain.  Sounds like you had some of that, but not so much, and it sounds like you haven't had those severe pain attacks that led you to think you might have CH.  I'm sorry your doctor wasn't more helpful; I hope you got some relief from the rolfing/craniosacral treatment you had today.  I'm sorry to be such a nag about this, but I think it's very important that if you have that pain again you get yourself back to the ER, which might at least speed up the time before you see a neurologist.  I think that assuming that you have CH and trying to self-treat it is not the best thing you could be doing.  I'm not saying you're doing that, or doing that exclusively (it's clear that you are considering other possible explanations); I'm just saying (again, and, I promise, for the last time) that it really doesn't sound to me like it's CH that you have.