Question about cluster cycles?

Brianh

Hi my name is Brian and I am new here and have a quick question! I am 28 I have been having cluster headaches since my early 20s and as you all know the pain is unreal. My question though is about the nature of my cycles as I seem to have 2-4 cycles a year lasting only from a single day or two up to 10 days (longest it’s ever been). Is this abnormal as everything I read about cluster headaches suggests cycles are much longer than just a few days, I have all the normal symptoms of the headaches, the triggers associated with the headaches as well but my cycles don’t seem to fall at the exact same time each year maybe once a season or so. If anyone else could shed some light on whether very short cycles are common?

also my average cycle is about 5-7 days

Hi Brian.....welcome...we're sorry you have to be here...but it's a good neighborhood!.....

The range of "normal" or common for folks like us.... who are neither normal nor common.... is remarkably diverse. Even when you figure out what your typical cycle is...it up and changes...just to piss you off a little more. When episodic my "normal" was 6-8 weeks on/off for 20+ yrs....but within those years I had several cycles where the hits were less often...WAY more intense (each a 10) but lasting only 1 minute each. I contemplated a "deal with the devil" and thought..."I could live with this". Alas..."normal" returned......

Your pattern sounds a little different than most I've seen....but it is what it is.....

Ask away......someone smarter than me will usually reply shortly.......

Best

Jon

• Like 2

Thanks so much Jon for the clarity of the issue, I also developed an anxiety disorder this year (panic disorder) which I got treated with cbt therapy but am still very anxious during my cycles. After reading about “busting” I am curious as to whether I have inadvertently helped myself over the years by doing magic mushrooms as well as mdma (I would get hallucination effects from this drug). Also in my early 20s I did a whopping 7g of mushrooms alone and had a breakthrough experience/ego death, I am now wondering if this is what triggered cluster headaches for me or perhaps saved me from longer cycles. I am happy to have a place to look to for support!

Brianh,

Nobody knows what causes CH.  Even the high priced, highly published CH expert neurologist give us the Italian salute as they're clueless when it comes to the cause of CH. Based on the feedback from several hundred CHers taking the anti-inflammatory regimen with 10,000 IU/day vitamin D3 and its cofactors to prevent their CH, I'm inclined to say a vitamin D3 deficiency plays a role in the pathogenesis of CH, but I wouldn't go so far as saying this deficiency is the cause. 

I do know that 83% of CHers who start this regimen experience a significant reduction in the frequency of their CH from an average of 3 CH/day down to 3 CH/week.  54% of CHers who start this regimen experience a complete cessation of CH symptoms.  These figures come from year-over-year compiled data from an online survey of 215 CHers taking this regimen that's been running since December of 2011. One of the many beneficial side effects from taking this regimen is its capacity to quell anxiety and panic attacks associated with CH.  You can download a copy of this CH preventative treatment protocol at the following link.  

http://www.vitamindwiki.com/tiki-download_wiki_attachment.php?attId=7708

Take care and please keep us posted.

V/R, Batch