Start of a cycle

Dan_

Hi guys,

Two years ago I experienced my first cycle of CHs. The cycle lasted around 8-10 weeks, typically involving 3-5 headaches a day. On only one occasion did I experience an attack during the night (fortunately) which I remember being the most excruciating attack. 

I began to take a nasal spray of sumatriptan which offered partial relief, and around 8 weeks into the cycle I managed to procure some LSD, and began to experiment with the dosage. Shortly afterwards, my cycle appeared to fade away, although I'm not sure if it came to a natural end or if the LSD aborted it. 

Two years have passed without any symptoms, until this week. Two nights ago, I woke up in familiar and excruciating pain - the attack lasted around an hour and I was able to sleep again after. Tonight, I've been woken up again around the same time - this attack has been more intense. 

Am I right in assuming this is the start of a new cycle? So far I've only experienced these two attacks, both during the night, both very similar. I know episodes can be unpredictable, but I've been thrown off by the fact that it's only been one attack per night (as opposed to my previous cycle of 3-5 per day, with only one isolated attack in the night). 

Any insight from longer term sufferers would be appreciated. 

Solidarity with all of your poor souls. 

Dan

Hey Dan and welcome. It sounds like a new cycle may indeed be starting. My cycles would start with one hit per day and move up over the next several days.I strongly suggest that you read about and start the D3 Regimen. Vitamins you take daily. It is an anti-inflammatory regimen for CHer's that has really helped a lot of people. Easy to do and it will kick in usually by about two weeks.It can be found in the Clusterbuster Files section of the board.

The beast can change. You may find that most of your hits are nocturnal now. :(

Do you have your abortives ready? Energy shots or some form of caffeine? Do you have O2? It seems to be time to marshal your materials to fight the beast.

And if you plan to bust, now would be a great time to start. You are med free, correct?

Hey Dan,

You can download a copy of the anti-inflammatory regimen CH preventative treatment protocol with vitamin D3 at the following link.  Just paste it in your browser.

http://www.vitamindwiki.com/tiki-download_wiki_attachment.php?attId=7708

It would help if you could see your PCP for a lab test of your serum 25(OH)D and discuss this regimen before starting it.  That way you're both singing from the same sheet music when the lab results come back.  However, as nearly all CHers in cycle have a low serum 25(OH)D concentration and it looks like obtaining this lab test will take more than a few days, I would start it as soon as I picked up the needed supplements.  You can always get this lab test and others listed in this treatment protocol 30 days after starting this regimen.

If you have any questions or problems, sing out...

Take care and please keep us posted.

V/R, Batch

• Like 1