2018 Clusterbusters Patient Conference Denver

On 1/3/2018 at 9:51 AM, eileenbunny said:

Denver small.jpg

Please ask questions here.  I will try to answer them in a more timely manner than last year.  I'll have help this year as well.  You can also message me on Facebook (eileenbunny) or email at conference@clusterbusters.org.  We are so excited for DENVER!!!

- Eileen

I'm seeking information on transportation from the airport to the hotel?

Peace n Blessings ... LadyLuv

Hi everyone,

I'm sorry I haven't checked in. It's been a rough summer. Our conference is less than a month away. Here's an updated list of speakers and a draft of the agenda although this isn't the final yet, so I'm only posting it here and not everywhere yet. I'm pretty excited about our lineup. One note is that we will be having some program activities on Thursday which is new for us other than the registration and reception. There will be an oxygen demonstration before registration for those that would like to learn about it prior to the formal beginnings of the conference and consider signing out a tank. Also, during the reception we'll have some announcements and possibly a speaker. Check it out.  Also, to the person that asked about scholarships like a month ago and I didn't respond to, yes, the deadline to apply had long since past. I'm very sorry. We generally try to award scholarships by the beginning of June at the latest so that people have plenty of time to make travel arrangements while fares are at their lowest.

Here is the list of speakers we have confirmed at this point:

Dr. Brian McGeeney
Dr. Larry Schor
Mr. Eric Diamond
Ms. Valerie Nivar
Mr. Mark Massullo
Mr. Andrew Cleminshaw
Dr. Joanna Kempner
Mrs. Ginny Hall
Dr. Emmanuelle Schindler
Mr. Dan Ervin
Mr. Bill Mingus
Mr. Carey Turnbull
Dr. Mark Burish
Mr. Stuart Pearson
Mr. Jeff Handibode
Dr. Christopher Gottschalk
Dr. Shivang Joshi
Mr. Bob Wold
Mrs. Eileen Brewer

2018 Conference Schedule - Sheet1 (3).pdf

14 hours ago, MAMAHLF said:

I'm seeking information on transportation from the airport to the hotel?

Peace n Blessings ... LadyLuv

I am going to be sending out an email to all those who have registered for the conference in a couple of days and it will include transportation information. I'm sorry I haven't gotten to this yet. I will also be posting it on the conference page.

I was pleasantly surprised to see the conference coming to Denver this year.  I will be there.  First timer.  I have lived in Denver for 25 years and have had cluster headaches for over 35 years and I've never thought that altitude makes them worse.  Just stay away from Pikes Peak.  ;)

I live in Denver as well. Altitude and clusters are mutually exclusive. 

@eileenbunny, I've never attended this conference but have attended numerous technical conferences over the years. I read over the tentative schedule. Are there descriptions of the speakers themselves and their sessions? 

19 hours ago, stoneystone said:

I was pleasantly surprised to see the conference coming to Denver this year.  I will be there.  First timer.  I have lived in Denver for 25 years and have had cluster headaches for over 35 years and I've never thought that altitude makes them worse.  Just stay away from Pikes Peak.  ;)

Shucks....I was hoping to drive to the top on Sunday. Throw a O2 tank the back and head up.

Glad you will be attending, always good to meet another ch'r.

Edited by Racer1_NC

19 hours ago, Tweezer said:

@eileenbunny, I've never attended this conference but have attended numerous technical conferences over the years. I read over the tentative schedule. Are there descriptions of the speakers themselves and their sessions? 

I can't speak for everyone else but I will be holding at least 2 "Using O2, What Works for Me" sessions. I generally cover equipment and methods that seem to work best for the majority of us. Plenty of time for Q&A and sharing experiences.

On 8/17/2018 at 5:21 PM, Tweezer said:

I live in Denver as well. Altitude and clusters are mutually exclusive. 

Yes, there will be a syllabus at the conference, and we've been releasing brief bios about the speakers on FB and Twitter. We're still doing them at about a pace of one a week. We are picking up the pace now as the conference gets closer.  Please remember though, this isn't a technical conference. This is a patient conference. This is a space for patients, caregivers, and supporters to learn, but also a space to bond. We are not as formal as a technical conference because that isn't the right atmosphere for forming the type of family style connections that are integral to making this conference a success.

• 3 weeks later...

Me and my friend can only join on Sat and Sun Will any transcripts or recordings of Friday lectures be available? Both of us are in healthcare so we would love to have them since we are missing some of the most important lectures. Thank you

Hello guys.  I'm new here and I am going to the conference in Denver. 

I am also new to oxygen, and have only been using it for a few weeks, although I have had CH for 7 years.

My question is about regulators.  I have to use welding oxygen because my neuro won't prescribe me medical oxygen.

Will I be able to use my regulator on the tanks available at the conference, or do they have different threads?

28 minutes ago, CHChris said:

Hello guys.  I'm new here and I am going to the conference in Denver. 

I am also new to oxygen, and have only been using it for a few weeks, although I have had CH for 7 years.

My question is about regulators.  I have to use welding oxygen because my neuro won't prescribe me medical oxygen.

Will I be able to use my regulator on the tanks available at the conference, or do they have different threads?

They will have a couple larger tanks that will accept welding regs.

You do not need a script to buy a medical tank regulator. Even though you use welding O2 it pays to keep a medical reg around. They can be had for under 30 bucks online. I hope you'll attend one of my informal O2 sessions where such things are covered in as much detail as possible.

Please check your PM's here.

Edited by Racer1_NC
I wanted to...