School hits

Perediablo

I was sitting in Psychology class just minding my own business and taking notes, and this bastard creeps up my spine and smashes my left eye. I suppose I should've known by the stiff neck and sore jaw that something was amiss. In my fervor for knowledge the signs slipped my mind.

Now I must quietly pack up my things and exit the room to stares and whispers all the while my left eye is watering, and swelling shut. the Kip would put it about 7 or so; instant hell. I found the nearest vending machine and what to my watering eyes should appear but shiny black cans of the glory that is Monster Energy drinks. I purchase the concoction and drink it with the ferocity of unheard of proportions.

After the passing of 30 minutes or so the beast has yet to relinquish it's grasp on my brain. I begin to panic. After all, I cannot drive now, and the walk is 15 minutes to my car. In my now harried and worried state I begin to rummage through my satchel only to find another surprise. Imitrex.

With all haste I make for the nearest restroom. To my horror, both stalls are occupied. I load my injection, shed all morals, dignity, and decency and drop my pants near the sink. While injecting myself in the ass cheek someone leaves a stall and rounds the corner to the sink and just stares at me. I give him the watery evil eye as I pull up my pants.

Headaches now subsiding, I find myself in the courtyard of the art school explaining CH to a stranger that has just seen my ass.

Was quite the ordeal to go through to educate someone about our hell, but in "hind sight" it was worth it.

Eric

Imitrex injectable is a subcutaneous injection, right? I ask because I have never injected Imitrex. I inject a different drug once a week, and it's sub-q.

If it is, do it in your belly fat, dude. 45-degree angle. Hurts less.

Yes Brew, Imitrex is subcutaneous.  I used to inject into my shoulder.

Yeah it's sub-q. Doesn't hurt at all in the cheek.

Was the rear joke at the end too much? I thought it might be a little too low-brow, but went for it anyway. Just to lighten up the story a bit.

My sleep schedule has been all jacked up as of late. What with a new kiddo being born AND school to boot. I thought I'd skip my last maintenance dose 'cause everything was going so well. So much for that little test. Maybe I can get my sleep in order a little bit and re-dose next weekend. I hope so. I really hate the after effects of 'trex.

Your story so many of us understand.

I Kind of liked the little pun at the end.

Seems after each of my kids were born, within days I was in maximum CH hell. Hope its not the case for you.

The CH bastard gets upset when the stress of waiting is over and the attention goes to the new kid.

Like a bad puppy it bites.

I second the belly fat location for injection - pinch a little to the side of the navel, inject there, and you have the easiest and most painless spot IMO.

Are you aware of the imitrex tip that details how to abort 2 to 3 CH hits with one 6 mg injector's worth of imitrex? Here's the link: http://www.clusterheadaches.com/imitrex.html