New Headache need advice

ClusterHeadSurvivor

Hi, chronic CH under control by MM, Chronic Migraines about 15-20 a month which I control by meds, and pot. Couple tension headaches a month. No biggy. A neck pain in my head that is undiagnosed and chronic with zero remission for 3 years now. I'm waiting to see a physiatrist because my neurologist thinks it's not a headache. 

2 days ago I woke up feeling flu-like symptoms. So I took Buckleys. As the day progressed I felt worse and worse. Worn out. Lethargic, Tired.Moody. By 5 pm I could barely eat thinking oh no its the flu.

(my head and body temp always goes up during headaches so I wasn't 100% convinced it was the flu that is going around). By 530pm in bed with a pounding headache in my forehead to the crown of my head but mainly in the forehead, Not once in my life have I experienced this type of headache pain. Not a cluster because hey well all know that's the eye. Not hot poker or stabbing. Not a migraine because of no aura, no sensitivity to light or sound. But pressure in my head incomprehensible to me. I actually thought I was having an aneurysm. I thought that this was it and really....I am ready to go without any bad feelings. I been ready to go for a very long time. I am NOT and I repeat NOT suicidal. I have just had enough of this pain in my life. And I am ready to go home. Do not worry, I am not making a plan, I am not thinking about it or trying or wanting to. I just prayed to God that if it was my time, I couldn't resist and look forward to coming home and being with mom. I couldn't even get out of bed to pee. It wIm not complaining or seeking pity but just stating what happened.

I did try on Dec 31, 2008, to die, and unlike then when I wanted to, I don't now....I just won't fight it if it happens....make any sense? Just don't worry ok...I'm mentally good.

Anyway, so as I lay there since I am NOT having any CH or Migraine symptoms...I think to myself....take a reg Tylenol and see what happens. So I take 1-500mg fast release Tylenol....wait 30 min and voila.I get relief...but ONLY 5 min tops....WTF? Wife comes home at 11 and gives me my reg meds and 1 more Tylenol 500mg. Again, 30 min later I get only 5 Min of relief. I laid there without 1 wink till 7 am. By 7 am the head pain lifted? Now since then (2 days later). My head still feels really sensitive, slight pain 24/7. (touching my hair hurts), I still feel nausea and bit woosy. Best way to describe is what I felt after brain surgery. Like a Mac Truck ran me over. No fever, no vomit, or direah so it wasn't the flu.

I'm scared to death this going to happen again....I mean I have lived with CH for 12.5 years. Migraines /tensions since age 8(45 now) the new headache/neck pain for 3 years....Now what?

This is the only headache other than a CH that made me think....being alive suck...that dying is what was happening to me and going to a better place is better than this shit. I have never wanted to pass on because of a migraine. Only a CH but this headache wasn't as painful as a CH but it kicked the living crap out of me and its 2 days later and I am still wiped. 

Seeing my neurologist will take a year so that's out. If it happens again and my wife is home I hope she can get me to emerg.

Your thoughts?

Edited by ClusterHeadSurvivor
added info

The best advice I was ever given about CH was to know more than my Doctor. We are such a rare patient, Most doctors don't have a clue. They may have some knowledge, but not enough. Learn all you can about CH and treatments that work. In your post I see no real treatments to prevent or abort CH attacks. There is hope with CH. Things like o2 used properly. Oxygen stops over 90% of my attacks. There are many things that help.