B1 ORAL HIGH-DOSE THIAMINE

razorPP

https://scholar.google.fr/scholar_url?url=http%3A%2F%2Fdownloads.hindawi.com%2Fjournals%2Fcrinm%2Faip%2F3901619.pdf&hl=fr&sa=X&scisig=AAGBfm1vtUTuZ_cQpBApdV3xiS688Nwr2A&nossl=1&oi=scholaralrt

This link was posted on Facebook Saturday, a medical article about one patient using B1 for cch. I'm 11 years cch, o2, d3, lsa, I get some daily shadows and then 5  - 7 hit.  I started taking B1 200 mg Saturday evening, Sunday took 300 mg with a very light pm hit, Monday took 400 mg through out the day, no shadows or 5 pm hit, Tuesday went back to 300 mg still no shadows or evening hit. I'm not sure of anything, but it's been a rough last 12 months, if B1 help one man... I will try it and see. 

• Like 5

No ch hit yesterday, no shadows, no ch pressure on right side or presents of a ch, an awesome day for me, slept all night the last two nights, I'm having positive results, yesterday took 100mg x4 through out the day, still researching how B1 is acting on ch, found this last night " B1 helps the production of cellular energy and has a calming effect on histamine related headaches ". I had a dexalog shot in okc and it had a B complex with it, not sure of dosing.

• Like 4

I’m still having positive results with B1 100 mg three to four times a day, the weather tested me on Friday night, took a fourth B1, surprised that 20 minuets later shadow was gone. I received an email reply from doctor in link above, his quote “We currently have three affected individuals with complete regression of symptoms at doses of 500mg or less.”

I’m on D3 and B1, and waiting for the beast to show up,  but who knows.  

I will report back in a week. Hope your days are PF. 

• Like 2

This is absolutely fascinating and I appreciate the posting. It also seems to match, at least partly, "batch's" D3 routine...which includes a loading dose of B-complex followed by other co-factors. I do have one question...guessing it might be related to translation from Italian to English....as it is quite confusing and does not match the rest of the paper's discussion: comments? 

"There is no therapy for CH. However, there are some effective treatments for both the acute painful attacks as well as for the prophylactic treatments."

...of course there are therapies....are they saying no SUCCESSFUL therapies for THIS patient? and unless we are talking poly pharm...I don't know what is meant by "some effective treatments for prophylactic treatments"...why would you have to treat the treatments?

Best

Jon

Edited by jon019
  • Like 1

something new for me is a deep sleep, also changing my dose to one dose of B1 400mg am and see 

someone on facebook emailed  Dr. Constantini and asked these questions:

Q1- Was your healed patient taking any other vitamine supplement1  (Omega3, D1, Magnesium and adult multi-vitamin, etc.)?
A1: The patient didn't take any supplement

Q2- Are you aware of cases where the B1 treatment isn’t working? 
A2: We only have three cases in treatment and they are responding. We also have 10 cases of chronic migraine and episodic migraine and all responded wonderfully to our therapy, with the complete remission of the symptoms.

Q3- Do you have another future experiment planned with B1 and CH? 
A3: We will continue treating the cases which we visit in the next future

Q4: For episodics like me, do you think I should start in between sycles or just wait for a cycle to start?
A4: For episodics like yours, I'd suggest you to take the therapy when you have the first attack, with 500 mg in an only administration in the morning.

Q5 Since vitamine B6 is linked to the Dopaminergic Systems functions, was vitamine B6 examined by your research? Was vitamine B12 examined as well? 
A5 We didn't examine B6 nor B12.

Q6: Would you recommand taking 3 doses during the day of B1 or one a day? 
A6: We recommend to take the total dose all together in the morning at breakfast. Bruce He sent me these as well as all cases where Dr. Constantini treated diseases with huge intakes of B1 to treat MS, Fybromialgia and Parkinson; all so called auto-immune diseases..

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Hey RazorPP,

I suspect you're not taking enough vitamin D3.  It takes 20,000 to 25,000 IU/day vitamin D3 to keep me pain free.  That works out to a serum 25(OH)D concentration of 140 ±50 ng/mL over the last 3 years...  My PCP is OK with this as long as my serum calcium remains within its normal reference range... and it has.

Take care, V/R, Batch

Edited by Batch

Batch, I will up my intake of vitamin D to 25k UI, blood test scheduled for June and I'll check on my serum calcium level, thx

Joy, I'm still getting relief from the B1, the deep sleep seems to be repair my system, I changed my dose back to 300 mg in the am, and 100 to 200 mg as needed in the afternoon, it's easier on my system, the weather related shadows are effecting me or I now notice them more. I add 100 mg B1 wait 30 minutes, this seems to work, highest dose has been 700 mg daily, I average 400 mg of B1. D3 is a life saver for me, I don't think I will ever stop it.

• Like 1

Good to know that you are doing so well razor!!! Yes, our weather here is pretty sucky now. Hopefully this is the last big storm of winter today.

I am ordering B1 from Amazon today with my other vitamins. The weather this year has definitely been a bear. I will let you know how it goes!!

I’m still getting relief from the B1. I’m taking 300mg am 200mg pm, and a extra 100mg from weather related shadows if needed. I have not had a beer yet but I thought about it, damn something good must be happening. Peace

• Like 1

I notice I'm still conditioned to cch, I reach for the red bull, rub between my eyes when I lay down and wait for my head to adjust to the pressure. prepare myself for 5 pm hit, and wait for how intense it will be, I'm still anxious at 5 pm 

cch the condition my condition is in 

21 days for me with D3 and B1, cch is held at bay, it's still present but subdued by the D3 and B1

hope you have a pf day, peace

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

30 days tomorrow, I'm still impressed that cch is held at bay D3 and B1, had a great week and weekend.

at 30 days I told Jean,  I would stop B1 and see what happens.... tomorrow it begins no B1, I will take my D3, till I'm full on cch, I estimate 2 days till it's on me, o2, red bull, ice pack ready

then back to B1.

hope you have a pf day, peace

I got mixed feelings on "stopping" what seems to be working. Batch...our resident jet jockey does this on occasion...and I can't explain why...spits and giggles?...dunno...maybe he'll share......

While it is always interesting to evaluate whether...through trial and error...something seems to work....there are clusterheads in ditches all over the world who found something that worked...then it STOPPED WORKING...with no rhyme or reason....I'm much too much a wussie to challenge the beast to "bring it on!"....

• Like 1

thanks jon, will hell i ain't scarred... but after stopping the B1 my head pressure increased to the point of this ain't fun, not the normal right eye pain, but 2-5 pain level, and moving higher, went back on B1 before it got out of hand and slowing I'm getting back to were I was, guessing I need 3-4 more days for it to take effect, miss sleeping all night

• 4 weeks later...

Batch thank you, 20 K of d3 seems to be my daily dose needed, still taking b1.  The last few weeks my cch has been suppressed. Enjoying life and learning to smile again, I couldn’t have done it without this place. Hope your days are pain free, peace. 

• Like 3

Razor, my daughter is just starting to feel those twinges that indicate a beginning to her cycle, and I've sent her some B1.  I've read through your wonderful and generous thread here, and also read the article.  I wonder if you could give me your best guesses about a few things.

1. It seems like after initial experimentation, you settled on a base dosage of 300mg in the morning, supplemented by another 100 or 200 during the day as circumstances (such a barometric pressure or shadows) seemed to call for.  Am I right about that?  Is that what you're doing now? Do you take more than 300mg on days when you don't feel you need it for a specific situation?

2. Initially, you started with 200mg all at once on Day 1, and 300mg all at once on Day 2, and then on Day 3 you took 400mg in 100mg doses spread throughout the day. From what I'm reading, you later tried different modes, sometimes all at once and sometimes spread out during the day. Was there a reason you changed from all-at-once dosing to spreading dosing out during the day in some of your daily dosages (side effects, maybe), or were you just trying out different ways of taking it? 

3. I know you're not a doctor, so you might not want to comment on this, but I'd welcome any comment you have.  In the questions submitted to him, the doctor recommends an initial dose of 500mg for episodics, and he recommends always taking the whole dose with breakfast.  Do you have any reactions to these recommendations? (In the article, it says to start at 250mg on Day 1 to watch for side effects, then go up 250mg more on Day 2, and then up 250mg more on Day 3.  I wonder if he has subsequently concluded that an initial 500mg dose is very unlikely to have side effects, and also that it is not necessary to go as high as 750mg? Not really asking you this, just noticing the difference between the article and his subsequent advice.)

Thank you!!!

1. I take 300 mg 6 am and 200 mg 1 pm and another 100 mg if needed  barometric pressure or shadows. I take B1 every day. 

2. 500 - 700 mg all at a once caused diarrhea, 300 - 200 easier on my system 

3. I settled on a 500 mg dose for me, with some days adding the 100 mg. I did try 700 mg for 5 days, it did not make any noticeable difference. 
    I was not sure about side effects to B1, so I started with lower dose, hind site 300 mg am  - 200 mg pm a day should be fine to start with. I'm not sure what the dose for your daughter will be, but you can feel the difference when you take the extra 100 mg about 25 minutes later, most of the time the shadow went away. 

Hope this helps 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Update on B1, still taking 300mg am and 200 pm and D3 20k daily. I had a bad ch day last weekend, stress related, to much going on with work and life. The recovery time was less than in the past. Batch had a post about coq10, curamin, vitamin c for more immune boosting. So, I added this to mix, seems to help increase my energy level in the evening. Amazingly, I’m still mostly pf, heat and humidity would have trigger before B1 and increased dose of D3. Hope your days are pain free, peace 

Edited by razorPP
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...

B1 update ; B1 has stopped working, it’s been 45 days that B1 ch suppression has not worked. I thought maybe heat , weather or allergy related, nope. The cch at 5 pm with heavy shadows and the rest of pain finds me daily. I’m ok , I had a good run and still taking B1, but wonder why, going to stop when I run out. Peace and pf days to you 

razorpp 

I have recently started taking B1 as I am waiting for all bits etc for D3 regime i understand from your post that it has stopped working for you ,is this still the case ?

I have found that 300 mg in morning and 200 mg evening has given me Pf days but I still get hit 2 to 3 times a night  ,has anybody else got any experiences with B1 

Ross CCH 

Yes it appears that the B1 is no longer suppressing my cch, still finding pain levels are lower with D3. I’m not sure why B 1 stopped working. There is nothing I can think of that has changed in myself or my environment. I am going to take a break from B1 for 4 weeks and let it leave my system and try again, this time frame is just easier for me to remember, no science behind it. CH has a way of being a challenge and seems to always change and morph around what ever I throw at it. Peace and my you find pain free days. 

• Like 1