Pathway CH-2 study

FunTimes

I wouldn't hold my breath...  Neurostimulation, i.e., GON, DB, SPG and VN Stimulation all suffer from the same problem.  They only work ~ 40 % to 70 % of the time while the CHer is awake and able to actuate the remote controller before the pain gets too high.  No joy while sleeping... In short, they only address the symptoms and not the contributing factors...

Edited by Batch
  • Like 1

I am asking because I did do this study with no positive results. I did read that things were positive in the European study but can not find anything on the study here in the US. I had mine removed and still have numbness in the roof of my mouth upper lip and nostril on the right side. I do not regret doing this study because you dont know if it will help if you do not try and just because it did not work on my I was wondering is anybody had success with this.  Just curious. 

Electrical stimulation is vastly over rated.  (this is true even in non cluster headache conditions)

Batch is right on.  When you look at the data for implantable simulators and external simulators it is practically unimpressive.  Basically it works partially some of the time.  With implantable you run the risk of a complication that leads to not reversible changes and with the external the subscription model makes it financially unsustainable without insurance subsidy.  All for partial relief some of the time.  When you ask the "general population" of users there are very few long term happy campers.  Better to explore options with better preventative track records like D3 or psychedelics.  External stim (gamma core) may play a "special teams" help for thinks like unavoidable air travel but even then the 33 day model planned obsolescence model they employ makes it a bit unpractical.  

• Like 1

I do.  I'm not sure if you would like the whole text or just want to make me aware.  I will try and upload what I have.  The GammaCore has some favorable data and shows some promise especially in episodics.  Still waiting for "real world" impressions.  Many new technologies get initial enthusiastic thumbs up only to find subsequent use dampens the enthusiasm.  The non invasive nature, portability and potential as a triptan substitute make it attractive.  My biggest beef is the planned obsolescence of the unit.  In the US it stops working 33 days after activation.  For   episodic use that is frustrating because you might buy one to have handy use it a few times and go out of cycle and 30 days later it is garbage.

external stim.pdf

• Like 2