Noob.. Just saying Hi

wimpazz

Just found you guys, never knew this existed... got a TON of reading to do.

Anyways, I'm a legacy, Uncle has them too. Mine aren't as bad, maybe all the LSD I did as a kid? haha they still suck. First was back in 2000, then next was about 04 I believe. Been pretty regular over the past 10 years or so. Never found a treatment that works but recently started Verapamil so we shall see. It really knocks me on my rear, probably because I have low- normal BP.

Thanks to everyone for sharing their stories and thoughts.

• Like 1

wimp', it is good to read.  As you would quickly see from your reading, the most significant thing you should have is oxygen.  If you had it before and it didn't help you, you probably need to try it again, with a better system.

You should almost certainly also start the vitamin D3 regimen.  http://www.vitamindwiki.com/tiki-download_wiki_attachment.php?attId=7708

And, given your past experience, the numbered files in the ClusterBuster Files section might be of interest to you.  Maybe look at the "Triggers" document when you're over there.

There's lots more, of course, but I think those might be the current highlights for you.  Ask anything, any time.

• Like 1

Thank you both, glad to have found you and this board. I only knew 4 others with CH, so definitely looking forward to learning from your experiences. I'm on thin ice at work with lost time and need to figure this all out soon. I got signed up for intermittent leave under ADA, so that was a victory for sure. 

O2 has had mixed results but i finally have the mask with air bag, so here's for hoping. 

Never heard of D3 treatment, I'll start looking there. Kaiser here had zero CH docs, but i managed to find someone recently whos knowledgeable and real cool. 

So far, I've ID'd 2 main triggers... prolonged stress and rapid barometer changes. 

Ok, back to reading, thank you again for the warm welcome. 

- Chris

"Wimpy"

13 hours ago, wimpazz said:

Just found you guys, never knew this existed... got a TON of reading to do.

Anyways, I'm a legacy, Uncle has them too. Mine aren't as bad, maybe all the LSD I did as a kid? haha they still suck. First was back in 2000, then next was about 04 I believe. Been pretty regular over the past 10 years or so. Never found a treatment that works but recently started Verapamil so we shall see. It really knocks me on my rear, probably because I have low- normal BP.

Thanks to everyone for sharing their stories and thoughts.

HEY THERE! Welcome. I'm a bit of a newbie here too though my accounts been pretty dormant. There's plenty of great people and I'm sure you'll fit right in here. I'm not as knowledgeable or experienced as most but there's plenty of advice many others here can give you. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, wimpazz said:

i finally have the mask with air bag

That's pretty essential, the mask with the air bag (reservoir).  Your mask will probably have a small circle of open holes on one side.  Cover that with tape, or with your thumb, as you inhale (so you're inhaling only pure O2).  Be sure you have a tight seal with the mask to your face.  Cut off the strap (so if you fall asleep the mask will come off).

Is your oxygen in tanks (not a machine that makes oxygen)?  Also very important.  And a regulator that goes up to at least 15 liters per minute.  And good breathing strategy.  You'll find your own strategy, but for many it's deep breaths and very forceful exhales at the beginning (almost doing a "crunch" to force air out of your lungs).  Some people hyperventilate with room air for 30 seconds before their first O2 inhale.  Hold the O2 in your lungs for a few beats.  Look down toward your feet as you are doing it all.  For many, a shot of caffeine while starting the O2 speeds the abort: could be some pre-made strong coffee; many use the 2 oz. energy shots or energy drinks.   Many have found that going beyond the standard setup of the basic mask and 15 lpm makes a big difference, but let's see how it goes for you with what you have.

• Like 1