Clomephine Citrate to break a cycle?

CLUSTERMAN

Please let me know your findings.  I think there must be some merit to it as I was being prescribed HCG recently for hormone replacement therapy and I believe it actually triggered the attacks somehow effecting my Hypothalamus negatively.  So maybe the clomephine has a way of properly regulating something with the hypothalamus/hormones.  I called the doctor and he said to stop taking the HCG immediately and switch to clomephine citrate in place of the HCG.  So naturally being in a cluster cycle now I was scared and started googling Clomephine and cluster headaches and found the link above saying it could actually help.

Clomephine Citrate has some nasty side effects.  One of the most effective and safest methods of preventing CH involves taking the anti-inflammatory regimen with 10,000 IU/day vitamin D3 and the vitamin D3 cofactors.  You can download a copy of this regimen and treatment protocol from the following VitaminDWiki link

http://www.vitamindwiki.com/tiki-download_wiki_attachment.php?attId=7708

Take care and please keep us posted.

V/R, Batch

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Suzz,

Data from the online survey of 257 CHers taking this regimen indicate this regimen is effective for 80% of the CHers who start it with >75% reduction in the frequency of their CH in the first 30 days.  50% of the CHers who start this regimen experience a complete cessation of CH symptom in the first 30 days.  I've worked extensively with the 20% who don't respond in the first 30 days.  Better than half of them started responding once they started taking Benadryl (Diphenhydramine HCL) at 25 mg every four hours throughout the day and increased their vitamin D3 dose up to 15,000 to 25,000 IU/day.  I'd also like to point out that this online survey has been running since December of 2011.  The results are consistent year over year.  I also have informal data on over 700 CHers who reported their response to this regimen on clusterheadaches.com. that I've collected since December of 2010.

As a member of the American Academy of Neurology, I receive reports on studies designed to prevent cluster and migraine headaches.  That includes the latest RCTs using monoclonal antibodies to prevent cluster and migraine headaches.  I also have access to earlier studies on the use of verapamil in preventing CH.  None of these studies have a success rate in preventing CH as good as the vitamin D3 regimen.  It also works while busting with MM.

There's a lot of data from the online survey available in the anti-inflammatory regimen treatment protocol at the following link: 

http://www.vitamindwiki.com/tiki-download_wiki_attachment.php?attId=7708

Take care,

V/R, Batch

• Like 1

V/R,Batch,

Can you tell me what to get to help with my CH? I'm currently out of remission and they are really severe affecting the whole left side of face from eye to jaw. I'm getting 3 to 4 attacks a day. And they usually last a month or more.

Thank you

Sharon

Hey Sharon,

Sorry I missed this yesterday.  I generally buy most of my supplements at Costco per the photo below.

b5YGyl6.jpg

I've recently switched from Nature's Bounty 5,000 IU vitamin D3 to Bio-Tech 50,000 IU water soluble vitamin D3 capsules as this is the least expensive form of vitamin D3 at 23 cents/capsule and it gets into the bloodstream faster than the oil based softgels.  As one 50,000 IU Bio-Tech capsule of vitamin D3 is good for 5 days (An average of 10,000 IU/day) the cost per day is less than 5 cents where the Nature's bounty runs around 12 cents/day.  The 50,000 IU vitamin D3 capsules come in handy during the 12-Day loading schedule as it beats swallowing 10 of the 5000 iU softgels each day.

https://www.amazon.com/Bio-Tech-D3-50-50-000-200/dp/B00IAQUJH0/ref=sr_1_4_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1531495610&sr=8-4&keywords=bio+tech+vitamin+d3+50000

I order the Bio-Tech 50 K vitamin D3 and the LEF Super K with advanced K2 Complex from amazon or iherb depending on specials.

Hope this helps.  Take care and please keep us posted.  V/R, Batch

• Like 1

I'm an episodic clusterhead.  I was dx in 1993.  I've been dealing with these sons of bitches for awhile now.  I was in remission for almost two years then got blindsided on 5/3/18 with another cycle.  1-2 per day.  No rhyme or reason in regard to time of day.  Almost always its during a period of relaxation.  I'm taking 2000 vitamin D3, 900 mg Lithium, 240 mg Verapamil, 1000 mg Depakote and I abort with subcu imitrex.  I can't seem to shake this cycle.  I will get a couple of days headache free but I just can't shake them this time.  Batch, do you maintain the vitamin regamin year round or just during the cycle?