Sinus buster

CoryAnn

Just wondering if any of you have ever tried Sinus Buster as an abortive?  If so, does it work??  What helps with the stuffiness my husband gets when he does have an attack..... Last time I was on a few years back, I was finishing my School Building Leadership Certificate....well, I finally got my job!!!!!!!!  I am happy to announce I am a Student Programs Supervisor....or Supervisor for Special Education.....soo excited......

• Like 1

I have used both it and Ausanil off and on for several years. They both help sometimes, especially with the stronger ones. Ausanil was developed by a neuro for migraines. It is wicked strong, brought me to my knees the first time I used it.

Just wondering if any of you have ever tried Sinus Buster as an abortive? 

Cayenne pepper powder up the nose.....for 6 months (years ago)...."sorta" worked for a while...then I realized my co-workers might be wondering why Jon runs out of the room, returns with red eyes... and "the sniffles".....hmmmmm? Eventually.... trying to treat one pain with another became illogical....besides not working.

Personally, if I was a diagnostician and a patient told me he/she was doing this.....I'd take the underlying reason REAL SERIOUS...cuz DAYUM...that bespeaks desperation.

This topic has been discussed on clusterheadaches.com for maybe 20 years....a source of angst  and humor....and VERY little, if any, success. Type sinus buster, capsaicin, cayenne powder or similar in the search function....grab a coffee and settle down for a LOOOOOOONG read....

If so, does it work?? 

Nope, not for me...but there aint no-one alive who could have talked me out of at least trying it...…..the potential is enticing. You pays yur money and takes yur chances. I see little harm in the effort...…………….

What helps with the stuffiness my husband gets when he does have an attack.....

I used to use Tiger Balm, Vicks Vapo Rub, or other aromatic menthol related products which actually sometimes "helped" with congestion. Problem being it DIDN'T help with the CH hit....which just pissed me off...so I just rode it out without snorting...…….(BTW, don't place IN the nostril...you DON'T want that stuff in your lungs)….

Last time I was on a few years back, I was finishing my School Building Leadership Certificate....well, I finally got my job!!!!!!!!  I am happy to announce I am a Student Programs Supervisor....or Supervisor for Special Education.....soo excited......

Very good news...CONGRATS! My Mom was a 1st grade, remedial reading, and special ed teacher. She loved them ALL...but the Special Ed kids were her favorite. Tough duty...she'd come home in tears...having spent days, weeks, months finally getting a concept across...and the next day it would be gone. I don't know how you folks do it...so God Bless and thank you!

Best

Jon

Edited by jon019