When's my next cycle?

dmlonghorn

I understand there are tons of variables when it comes to starting & stopping of episodic cluster cycles. However, I've only had one cycle (my first) in March (2018), which was aborted relatively quickly with prednisone and I've been on Verapamil ever since.

I'm attempting to understand or at least narrow in on when my next cycle will/could start.

Are there stats anywhere on episodic CH most common cycle start times? From what I understand the most common is Spring & Fall, but how many suffers (%) only deal with Spring cycles and vice versa with Fall? Does geography play a factor?

Again, I get that just when you learn your cycle-pattern, CH will go off script and start whenever it wants - I'm simply looking for either personal experiences regarding the time between your first & second ever cycles or any type of data on the subject, official or unofficial. 

Thanks!

Edited by dmlonghorn

Hey DM! Yes, the Equinoxs are common start times for cycles. I think the Solstices come next. As for stats, you can just Google Clusters and see what pops. I am not aware of any.

Personally, I have had all but one cycle start in September and run till March - Spring to Fall Equinox. Then this year, I had a cycle start in late June. So, there ya go! This after decadees too.

Very possibly you will only have one cycle per year. So, just be prepared.

ATB!

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
On 8/6/2018 at 2:40 PM, spiny said:

Personally, I have had all but one cycle start in September and run till March - Spring to Fall Equinox. Then this year, I had a cycle start in late June. So, there ya go! This after decadees too.

Hoping this is random, but I just got hit last night and the September equinox is just a few days away.

Crap.

dmlonghorn,

Data shows there are less people with CH the closer to the equator we live.  As far as episodic cycles.  I think that's a complete mystery.  I was episodic a long time ago and cycles would start at most anytime.  Sometimes they'd skip a year, sometimes I'd have 2 in a year.  I think its most common for episodics to only get one cycle a year though.

PFW,

J