Trying to stay positive

FunTimes

Hey everyone, Just hitting a bad bump in the road here and feeling kind of out of it a little. How do you cope with all the bad thoughts that run through your head? I know im not alone with feeling this way. We all get down from time to time but what are some good ways to get the positive thoughts back in my head? I try not to show it on the outside but I am all messed up on the inside..

...well...it's like picking up a turd from the clean end...can't be done, right? But ya been doing it....

….I think most of us have been there...and AFTER about the first 7 years, where I complained to anybody and everybody... I'm sure it became "avoid THAT whiner". I FINALLY figured out the age old question of "why ME!!??? The answer was : Why NOT!? My favorite epiphany....it has served me well through life's many "dangers, toils, and snares". Went to ch.com and here and started trying to "be the change I wanted to see".....

I am hoping this does not sound glib...it took me 7 frigging years to figure... and laughing on the outside while crying on the inside pretty much describes the WHOLE experience....

Best

Jon

• Like 2

FunTimes,
That's a good answer Jon.
I think we've all been there. It's more difficult for some and the range of difficulty changes for all of us as we move forward through life.
It seems like when you get down, everything and everyone reminds us of why we're down or why things are going bad. When you're up and see a mountain, you see the beauty of it and when you're down, you remember when you were feeling good enough to climb it an can't any more.

I think you need to find something that does bring you some joy and try to find ways of remembering that when you need it most. I used to put a little red avery sticker on my watch (when I wore a watch) to remind me to stop and breathe for a minute. Every time I looked at my watch, which was usually because I was running late and adding stress, it would remind me to stop for a minute.
LOL, now I'm wondering if I stopped wearing a watch because I didn't have time for it any more LOL.

Hang in there FunTimes, you'll have those times again.

Bob

• Like 2

11 hours ago, jon019 said:

...well...it's like picking up a turd from the clean end...can't be done, right? But ya been doing it...

That is great!!

10 hours ago, Psiloscribe said:

I think you need to find something that does bring you some joy and try to find ways of remembering that when you need it most.

I am setting up to have a big cook out this weekend, My son told me he has my back if I can not make it through the day and get hit with a CH.

The reason I and I would think most people visit this site is for just this.. A little reassurance goes a long way

Thanks

• Like 2

I started a vlog over a year ago about living in chronic pain positive. Its called "People In Pain". Its not so much about me per say but all of us a whole. Living positive despite the cards we are dealt. I also do a playlist on helping the homeless and some car guy stuff cause I am a gear head.I find it helps me process my life and helping others gives me purpose. I also advicate for cluster heads through awareness. Perhaps  you might be interested in subscribing? If not smoking a fat joint watching Jackass usually does the trick for me....

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkQ1ll1GBbxQkVDzoLCCUw?view_as=subscriber

• Like 1