Tinnitus

Clusternana

Hi nana...welcome aboard!

Tinnitus for many yrs following poor hearing protection in loud environments (I worry about the future for folks with the LOUD earbuds)...but while both (CH and Tinnitus) started at about the same time....they never seemed connected in any way. Now getting much worse with age...and harder to ignore...

Best

Jon

• 5 months later...

I'm having a lot of tinnitus with this latest cycle.

I should add that sound is a trigger for me.

Taking this a little further, not just single sounds which can trigger an attack (think ambulance siren or a very high pitched tone), but it's more so with multiple, simultaneous sounds, like being in a scenario with several conversations going on, kids playing, TV on, dog barking outside.

My guess is that it's sensory overload, which brings in my friend "anxiety" and so on and so forth.

Edited by dmlonghorn

This forum is proving to be a minefield of relevant info and support.. I can't believe how relieved I am to see this topic in the general forum area. About two months ago, an intractable migraine left me with a loud ringing in one ear. It has not subsided nor change in volume. It's very, very difficult to drown it out. My doctor mentioned something called LuminEar to help 'retrain' the brain to learn to ignore the sounds... I find that headphones are my BFF these days, both to ignore the resulting tinnitus and drown out outer sounds. I've had migraines since I was 16 (43 now) but never had a migraine done that to me.  I'm floored to see how common it really is. I'm sorry that you're experiencing that and yep, as apparently we've all found out, it's more common than we think... 

• Like 1

The best supplements for controlling tinnitus include: Ginkgo Biloba, B Vitamins: Niacin, Thiamin and Vitamin B12; Zinc, Magnesium and vitamin D3.  There are several studies that found these supplements effective in controlling tinnitus.  You get everything but the Ginkgo Biloba in the anti-inflammatory regimen CH preventative treatment protocol at the following link:

http://www.vitamindwiki.com/tiki-download_wiki_attachment.php?attId=7708

I also add Quercetin.

Take care,

V/R, Batch

• Like 2

Fiona,

My tinnitus has always been linked to my poor hearing. It essentially rings at the frequency of my deafness. The brain is trying to generate a sound where no sound is possible. But it is always worse when I have a headache, migraine or cluster. 

I can ignore it 90% of the time, and it only flares up when the head pain is bad. White noise can help too. You can download some white noise generators to your phone and listen to it once or twice a day for a bit. 

MG

• Like 1