CH, Marijuana and Me

thirdysomething

I just wanted to share MY experience.  I first got CH 6 fall seasons ago. When I'm in a cycle, marijuana has seemed to provide no relief or preventative use - in fact I feel like it has made it worse. However, I have noticed that if I maintain regular use of marijuana, the cycle never comes. This only became apparent after having several "skip years", where the cycle never came. The only common denominator I have found is that years where I have been thrown into a cycle, I have abstinent from marijuana. I'm no doctor, and this is just my experience. I'm sure there are other factors. I'm at the point though where I don't even enjoy the role marijuana plays in my life, but am too scared to let it go in fear of catching a CH cycle. Thots?

• 5 months later...

Sad follow up.... I moved from my legal marijuana state to Florida during Christmas time, so I decided to give up the weed. I don't know anybody here, and trying to get a medical card seemed like a hassle. Anyway, by the end of January, I had one attack. I've been hoping it was random, but they've picked up in frequency and intensity. I'm now catching one at least every 36 hours, and each one seems worse than the last. Seems like I;m slowly making my way into a full blown cycle. I have no insurance at the moment and my benefits wont kick in at my new job for another month. Kind of in panic mode. F**k Cluster Headaches. F****************************************

I’m so sorry this country is so ass backwards where marajuana is not legal. I’m even more sorry for the pain and suffering of CHs. Here are your options the way I see it. Since you’re not fully in cycle busting could prove to be successful,  RC seeds probably the easiest option there. 

No insurance, try welding O2?  Many people do it and have great success. No triptans no problem. It’s a double edged sword any way.

Lastly you could try the D3 regimen. Many people have had success with it in decreasing severity and frequency.

Hope this helps

Brisn 

Thanks for the post Freud. I'm up to three a day now, and have decided to take the D3 and other vitamins regimen. Feeling like an idiot for not having found that before but I got a private message from another user who provided me a ton of great info on it. For tonight I managed to find a good multivitamin and a calcium supplement with D3 5000 iu so I took them to get some in my system. I didn't have great results with O2 years ago and its fairly impractical for my lifestyle. Again, appreciate the post. Cannabis isn't a last resort, but its pretty far down the list.... Though as we know, mid attack I think were all willing to eat horse crap if it helps. Will report back in a week or few on the D3 regimen!

I had the same revelation. I only suffer once a year for 3-12 weeks because I smoke weed all year. However, smoking weed during the cycle sucks as you stated, makes it worse.

Last year I stopped the cycle with mushrooms, I hope to do it again this year.

• 2 years later...

Oh, this is a familiar subject. I used marijuana a lot at one time. It calmed me down and relaxed me, but I noticed that I could no longer relax without it. And I had a goal of giving it up, so I wanted to find solace in other things, and more importantly, in things that were not addictive. I have to say that saying goodbye to this hobby was quite tricky, and I changed my mind in the end. But the Health Canal team helped me in making my addiction less noticeable. They knocked the idea out of my head that marijuana's ability to enhance all the stimuli around it: music is fantastic, food is delicious, jokes are fun, colors are intense, and this can be achieved with other substances.