Vitamins

S.E.

Hey S.E.,

CHfather has given you the download link for the anti-inflammatory regimen of vitamins and minerals that help prevent CH.  This regimen is effective for both episodic and chronic CHers although chronic CHers may need a slightly higher vitamin D3 dose and responding 25(OH)D serum concentration for a favorable response. 

One of the first steps in this treatment protocol is to see your PCP/GP to discuss this regimen and to obtain the lab test of your 25(OH)D serum concentration.  Data from the online survey of 257 CHers that's been running since December of 2011 indicate nearly all CHers in an active bout of CH are vitamin D3 deficient/insufficient...  i.e., a 25(OH)D serum concentration less than 30 ng/mL.

I'm in the process of updating this CH preventative treatment protocol, so here are a couple of the changes going into the next version.

1. Over the last few years CHers have reported the 12-Day accelerated vitamin D3 loading schedule of 50,000 IU/day vitamin D3 for 12 days plus the rest of this regimen is well tolerated and effective in elevating 25(OH)D serum concentration rapidly from 30 ng/mL up to 80 ng/mL, the target serum concentraion associated with a favorable response to this regimen.  Accordingly, the next version of this CH preventative treatment protocol will eliminate the 4-week and 2-week loading schedules in favor of the 12-Day loading schedule.

2.  I've recently switch vitamin D3 formulations from liquid soft gel to water soluble vitamin D3... in this case Bio-Tech D3-50 (50,000 IU water soluble vitamin D3 capsules).  I switched to the Bio-Tech D3-50 in June while suffering from an allergic reaction to mold spores that knocked me out of CH remission.  I'd titrated my vitamin D3 dose up to 50,000 IU/day using the liquid soft gel formulation and was taking 25 mg Benadryl (Diphenhydramine HCL) four times a day but it wasn't working...  I was still getting slammed 3 to 5 times a night.  I slept like a baby the first night after taking one of the Bio-Tech D3-50 capsules plus the rest of the anit-inflammatory regimen.  I'm now taking one of the Bio-Tech D3-50 capsules every 5 to 7 days as my maintenance dose.

I1fb9Dm.jpg

This is also the least expensive vitamin D3 formulation at an average daily cost of 4.4 cents if taken every 5 days or 3.1 cents/day if taken every seven days.  Accordingly, the next version of this treatment protocol will include comments about the advantages of taking the Bio-Tech D3-50.

Take care and please keep us posted.

V/R, Batch

• 2 weeks later...

HI Batch, I hope you are 100% pain free and your family is very well.

I am taking the calcium, boron, Zinc, Vitamin A, B, C, and D3 (6 pills at 10,000 IU each pill). I'm also taking fish oil, magnesium, and a multi-vitamin. I ran out of the Vitamin K2.

I've asked my doctor about the serum levels but haven't heard back.

Hopefully the regime I'm on now is the correct one. I'll try the Bio Tech stuff once me current VD3 supply runs out.

Thanks for all you do sir,

Jimmy-