Side Effects D3

Madam

Hi everyone, 
I have had chronic CH for 4 years now.   
I was prescribed Tramadol at the beginning of this journey and am now addicted so MM are not an option.   After 2 years of moaning and begging I finally got Oxygen at home and my neurologist has sorted 25,000 IU Vitamin D3 liquid.     I showed her the D3 regimen and said I could try it if I wanted, she tested my Vit D and it came back at 19 (I rarely leave the house)

Anyway long story short - I started 4 days ago and every day I am progressively getting worse diarrhea and stomach cramping :(  
I am not sure what I am doing wrong.   I called my Neurologist and she said to stop with the D3 as it could be causing kidney stones...

I am pretty much on my own with this and not sure I am dosing correctly or have all the correct vitamins (have you guys seen how many there are out there!!!!) 
I am desperate to keep it going as I have not had an attack since starting.   Any D3 gurus who can help or know why I might be having these symptoms and that it really is not dangerous. 

I’m no expert in D3, but a member named Batch is the go to guy here. I’m sure he’ll respond.  I’m not sure if you tried MM before but at the recommend dose you shouldn’t get blown away and the addiction potential is next to non existent for MM or RC seeds. Seeds could be an option being that people mainly report an upset stomach.   Don’t want to be pushy but I’ve been on and off opiates since I was burned at the age of 14. Since I’ve had over 20 surgeries and prefer to stay away from the opiates b/c I like them too much.   But if the D3 made a difference than there is hope that’s all you’ll need. Have you tried verapamil?

You can send a message directly to Batch by clicking on the envelope icon at the top right of the page and typing Batch into the To line.  I don't love these "back-channel" communications because then we don't get to see the information that might be helpful to someone else in the future, but obviously that's my problem, and you should definitely send him a message. 

8 hours ago, CHfather said:

You can send a message directly to Batch by clicking on the envelope icon at the top right of the page and typing Batch into the To line.  I don't love these "back-channel" communications because then we don't get to see the information that might be helpful to someone else in the future, but obviously that's my problem, and you should definitely send him a message. 

Okay - thanks!!  I definitely don't want to give up on the D3 but it is hard at the moment for obvious reasons.  I hope he doesn't mind me dropping in on him but I will try x   

Madam,

I'm not sure what interaction there is between Tramadol and mm, but...  MM is 100% non addictive.  Actually it's just the opposite.  There were several studies in the 60's before mm was scheduled here in the US on their use as an addiction reversal.  Studies for smoking, alcohol, heroin and other addictions were done and from what I've read they were all massively successful in helping people kick addictive substances.  I notice quite profoundly that after I dose with mm, I have no desire to drink for quite some time.  MM has zero physical addictive qualities as the experience isn't a high like opiates etc.

If you're sober, I definitely can appreciate and am glad for your sobriety.  On the other hand mm has the possibility of helping you in not just one, but two ways.  

Funny, I just did a Google Scholar search.  Over 4,800 articles came up in reference to using psilocybin to treat alcohol addiction.  

https://scholar.google.com/scholar?q=psilocybin+and+alcoholism+treatment&hl=en&as_sdt=0&as_vis=1&oi=scholart

PFW,

J

• Like 2

10 hours ago, ThatHurtsMyHead said:

Madam,

I'm not sure what interaction there is between Tramadol and mm, but...  MM is 100% non addictive.  Actually it's just the opposite.  There were several studies in the 60's before mm was scheduled here in the US on their use as an addiction reversal.  Studies for smoking, alcohol, heroin and other addictions were done and from what I've read they were all massively successful in helping people kick addictive substances.  I notice quite profoundly that after I dose with mm, I have no desire to drink for quite some time.  MM has zero physical addictive qualities as the experience isn't a high like opiates etc.

If you're sober, I definitely can appreciate and am glad for your sobriety.  On the other hand mm has the possibility of helping you in not just one, but two ways.  

Funny, I just did a Google Scholar search.  Over 4,800 articles came up in reference to using psilocybin to treat alcohol addiction.  

https://scholar.google.com/scholar?q=psilocybin+and+alcoholism+treatment&hl=en&as_sdt=0&as_vis=1&oi=scholart

PFW,

J

I am definitely not against MM,  I think I worded it wrong.    I am addicted to Tramadol which is an opiate with SSRI -  MM works on those same receptors so as I am addicted to Tramadol the MM won't work.     What may be an option in the future is to use the MM to ease the withdrawal from Tramadol.   Thank you so much for taking the time to reply xxxx  Appreciate it x

• Like 1

Thank you for clarifying. I wasn’t aware of the interactions until now. I have been on and off opiates since I was burned when I was 14. I’m 40 now and have put myself in withdrawal several times. It sucks for 3-5 days but then it gets better. It’s worth detoxing to give the mm a chance. Suffering with the CH and being addicted sucks. I take invega which is also a relative contraindication. I take it for bipolar disorder and can’t detox. So what happens is I don’t have a trip, but my eyes dialate and I get a body high. I have taken doses up to 10grams dry. That’s the only time my core temp went up. But nothing too high 100.1  I have managed to keep my chronic CCH at bay if I dose once a month and usually take 5 grams. If you took a low dose on the tramadol I doubt you’d have much of a risk of seratonin syndrome. And you could still benifit from the mm. I still would detox, a it’s safer and b you kick the habbbit that isn’t really helping you any more. 

• Like 1

Yeah opiate addiction sucks, my neurologists fault for putting me on them at the start of my CH journey.   I am down to 100mg a day now but as soon as I go lower the withdrawal sucks and it brings on attacks.    I will need to time it when I can lock myself away for a good few days to deal with it.    Hopefully I can find some time before christmas, if not it will be in the new year.  

I haven't looked into busting a lot yet and not sure how it works as I knew from the start it wasn't an option with Tramadol,   a dutch study actually says the tramadol will completely stop any effect of the MM so it is useless and dangerous to try so that put me off from day 1 and why I am trying the Vit D route at the moment  x

The things we all try and do just to get rid of this pain...  :P  

Hey Madam,

Sorry you're having a rough time...  Have you been taking all the vitamin D3 cofactors listed in the anti-inflammatory regimen CH preventative treatment protocol at the following link? 

http://www.vitamindwiki.com/tiki-download_wiki_attachment.php?attId=7708

They need to be taken with vitamin D3... preferably with the largest meal of the day and not on an empty tummy.  If you have been taking them, the stomach cramping and diarrhea may be due to the magnesium.  What brand and type of magnesium are you taking?

The supplements I've been taking to prevent my chronic CH for the last 7 years are illustrated in the following photo.

b5YGyl6.jpg

Take care and please keep us posted.

V/R, Batch

21 hours ago, Batch said:

Hey Madam,

Sorry you're having a rough time...  Have you been taking all the vitamin D3 cofactors listed in the anti-inflammatory regimen CH preventative treatment protocol at the following link? 

http://www.vitamindwiki.com/tiki-download_wiki_attachment.php?attId=7708

They need to be taken with vitamin D3... preferably with the largest meal of the day and not on an empty tummy.  If you have been taking them, the stomach cramping and diarrhea may be due to the magnesium.  What brand and type of magnesium are you taking?

The supplements I've been taking to prevent my chronic CH for the last 7 years are illustrated in the following photo.

b5YGyl6.jpg

Take care and please keep us posted.

V/R, Batch

Thanks Batch, 
I really need to find the time to message you.  I am on day 10 of the 12 day loading and have hardly eaten or kept food in for the past 2 days, besides the cramping & diarrhea I am also very nauseous :(      Trying fries for dinner was not a good idea   lol     

I would love it if you had the time to look at what I am taking and maybe see if I am going wrong somewhere ...  it is hard to get the same brands over here in Europe and there are so many different doses/manufacturers/types :huh:

I am pretty sure I have all the co-factors and have been taking them but the magnesium was too low on the one I bought which is mixed calcium/magnesium so bought a different kind of magnesium with D3 to take separately to get the right dose of magnesium. 

I take all the co-factors in the morning after breakfast and then de D3 50,000 & the calcium/magnesium when I go to bed as they both seem to make me pretty sleepy.   

I am sticking with it as I have not had a cluster since starting which is a miracle - 10 days of no attacks!!!!!    But I am pretty miserable with the side effects which I would take over an attack any day by the way.   

Madam,

Thank you for the feedback and answers... Glad to hear you're CH pain free.  Now we need to address the GI tract disturbance...  My first inclination is for you to drop back to an initial vitamin D3 maintenance dose of 10,000 IU/day to see if that has any effect on the tummy problems.  If there's an improvement after a week, you may be able to throttle back to 5,000 IU/day vitamin D3.  Let's give that a go...

Check the back label on the cal-mag tablets to see what kind of magesium salt is used.  Magnesium citrate tends to cause the GI tract problems you're experiencing.

Take care, cheers and please keep me posted.

V/R, Batch

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I tried the D3 Regimen a number of times several years ago, and each time I started on it, my urine would turn to acid, and burn like ****! My neuro at the time thought the high levels of Vitamin D3 was reacting to the Topiramate I was on. But, I tried it a year or so later, after no longer being on Topiramate, and same thing happened. I think my body struggles with that much D3. 

Batch and I have spoken about it several times, and I'm the only person who has reported this. I do think about trying it again one day, but not sure I can bring myself to taking that many pills a day again. MM has pretty much reduced my clusters to a point where they are no longer an issue, so I'm not that fussed about it. 

Important to remember that everybody is different, and every one reacts differently to the same meds.

MG