Freezing

Clusternana

...same as Fun Times here...it's our wonky hypothalamus (body temp regulator amongst MANY other functions )...source of the beast in the first place. a wise diagnostician would take this into account in a differential diagnosis

Edited by jon019
  • Like 1

I too get very cold during most of my attacks - I'm also one of the weirdos that responds better to heat than ice during an attack. I wrap my whole head in a heating pad and that sometimes helps with the overall freezing feeling I get too!

1 hour ago, muggle said:

I'm also one of the weirdos that responds better to heat than ice during an attack.

...I resemble that remark (in more ways than one)...hottest shower on the head I can stand....know of another who alternates hottest/coldest (he likes a frozen bag o' peas...…..)

Edited by jon019
  • Like 1

• 6 months later...
On 11/27/2018 at 4:22 PM, jon019 said:

...I resemble that remark (in more ways than one)...hottest shower on the head I can stand....know of another who alternates hottest/coldest (he likes a frozen bag o' peas...…..)

Before I was diagnosed, this was about the only thing I would get any relief from, sit on the floor of the shower, water as hot as I could stand, sit with my head bowed. Eventually it stopped being nearly as effective, but at this point I have topical numbness around my attack site so that may be a reason.

I do tend to get cold during attacks on occasion so sit in a hot bath. Or shower. I have never experienced getting too hot, only cold. 

• 2 weeks later...

I sometimes get very flush during my headache, but almost always get cold on the downside, which is nice because 1 it usually means it's ending, and 2 I am so tired that being cold and kinda pain free, I can stop holding my face and rocking and lay down and sleep!

• Like 1