Long-term consumption

cocobongo

In general it is a safe drug.  it is non addictive and the only major risk is serotonin syndrome when taken in high doses or in combination with other drugs that interfere with serotonin   so if you're not taking any other drugs that interfere with serotonin production either illicit like MDMA or prescribed like an SSRI for depression there should be no negative effects.  People have had bad trips but they are short lived and can be avoided by having a trip sitter.  Recently it was pointed out to me that tramadol is on the list of drugs that interfere and should not be taken together.  The lethal dose is " nearly 1.7 kilograms (3.7 lb) of dried mushrooms, or 17 kilograms (37 lb) of fresh mushrooms, would be required for a 60-kilogram (130 lb) person to reach the 280 mg/kg LD50 value of rats". " Registry of Toxic Effects of Chemical Substances assigns psilocybin a relatively high therapeutic index of 641 (higher values correspond to a better safety profile); for comparison, the therapeutic indices of aspirin and nicotine are 199 and 21, respectively". Here is a link to the wiki https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psilocybin#Toxicity click on the toxicity tab. the info here is pretty accurate. 

Edited by Freud

Freud's post is spot on.  If I recall correctly mm's toxicity is lower than eating bbq pork. ha ha...  I myself have taken regular doses of lsa, mm and another hallucinogen for nearly 10 years and have zero health or other negative effects.  To the contrary, I find I get a mood lift that lasts for months after my regular doses.

J

• 2 years later...

Good day. Newbie from Australia 52 years old, suffering with CH going on 7 years.

I have been referring to this site for over 3 years now and finally decided to join. 

I read time and time again that whatever works for you is great, find your happy place because CH are what they are, and we are all different 

PSILOCYBIN VS MDMA

NOT SURE HOW MUCH INFORMATION I CAN DISCLOSE ABOUT MY OWN PERSONAL EXPERIENCE ON THIS FORUM REGARDING PSILOCYBIN AND MDMA?

Tried everything my neurologist prescribed over 5 year period. Nothing worked.  

Until micro dosing mushrooms, and later MDMA.

It wasn't easy to source either of the treatments.

I migrated towards mushrooms firstly because of using Imigran sumatriptan nasal nasal spray to abort the CH, and then listening to a Harvard lecture on mushroom trials for CH.

- Shroom vs MDMA 

The psilocybin micro dosing 0.05gr. worked mildly but took too long , 7-10 days , and I was still left with persistent ongoing heavy shadows after the period of micro dosing.

No CH but terrible shadows that kick in at midday and last all day until codeine or ibuprofen or paracetamol or weed. Oxygen didn't work on the shadows. Started to get worried about the amount of paracetamol I was taking and effect on the kidneys and liver, also ibuprofen and effects on the stomach lining, and codeine because no good on heavy equipment or driving. Weed ok but not for work and a bit dopy after weeks on it.

Then I upped the mushroom dose to full trip dose, essentially to send my hypothalamus into the next orbit ( understanding circadian rhythms and all that stuff). CH gone but only for a few weeks. DONT LIKE THE HEAVY HALLUCINATIONS EITHER

So for me normal micro dosing of mushrooms which is relatively safe took away the CH, but left me with very nasty shadows that persisted for months.

Then after further research and varying literature, I DECIDED TO TRY MDMA . in controlled environment.

Full dose. approx 0.2 of a gram maybe a little more depending on prior use / experience (If concerned have someone with you). STAY HYDRATED

- No hallucinations. Good because then I am in total control. Only something called shudder-vision and some heavy sweats for approx 3 hours

YOU CAN FEEL THE HYPOTHALAMUS SHIFTING/ALTERING DURING THE TREATMENT/ TRIP

WITHIN 48 HOURS THE HEAD IS CLEAR from one dose. Literally by the hour i could feel my head clearing

CLUSTER AND SHADOW FREE FOR OVER 6 MONTHS. WOW !!

Just gone through the Australian Summer Solstice 21/12/2020. Circadian rhythm being altered by the seasons, and I feel my shadow returning. Right side of head, I feel my eye being pulled from its socket more and more each day. The jaw pain /mandibular nerve and neck pain is returning with the eye /ocular nerve being dramatically effected as part of the onset of my next CH cycle/period. When I feel the shadow returning I know the CH is not far away. 

I know which treatment I will be going for. 

Again, each to their own

FIND YOUR HAPPY PLACE 

STAY SAFE AND WELL 

AB

• Like 1