Pounding Head, Broken Heart

MoxieGirl

I've not been on the board very much this year because most of my energy, time and attention has been focused on caring for my best friend in the world & housemate, who was diagnosed with Motor Neurone Disease (a.k.a. ALS/Lou Gehrig's Disease) about 2 years ago. I had quit my job, shut down my company, and gave up everything to stay at home and care for her. MND is a horrific way to die. She sadly passed away 2 weeks ago. 

I'm now trying to put my life back together and move forward. Moving house next week and job hunting again, on top of sorting out my friend's estate, funeral plans, etc. etc. 

On top of that, I will have had about 250 migraines before this year is over, plus another 80 normal headaches and 40 or so cluster attacks (although these are generally quite minor).  And if that sounds like a lot of head pain, it's actually one of my better years. 

So that's where I'm at heading into this holiday season, although I don't feel much in mood for celebrating. 

MG

Hello Moxie,

That is awful to hear and very sorry for what you have been through. Migraine and CH are both such a terrifying diseases and for us who are blessed with the migraine/CH combo, that is horror beyond all proportions. Whatever happen, try to make the best out of it and 2019 will be a lot better... why not ?

• 2 weeks later...