Attacks after headaches controlled for 5 years with Vit D

KJosie

Hello fellow clusterheads.  Ive recently started getting cluster headache attacks after having them controlled for 5 years of taking Vitamin D. The first 3 years after I started the D regimen I was able to taper down to only 4,ooo IU of Vit D and had control of the headaches. After that I started getting attacks in the fall(which had changed from the episodic attacks I had every spring like clockwork) that I could manage by just increasing the Vitamin D to 10,000 for a few weeks then was able to taper down again to 4,000. A year and a half ago I had an episode that I had to go to the 50,000 loading dose, then taper down and again was able to control them. This year, I am struggling to control the attacks. I had accidentally stopped taking the vitamin D in August for almost 2 weeks when traveling. I started taking it after that but then started getting attacks about a month later(September 2018) that I have not been able to control. Initially I was taking 25,000 IU of Vitamin D and 1500 Fish oil, but the attacks got worse, now Im on the complete regimen, taking 25,000 IU of Vit D, 1500 mg Fish oil, 1000 mg Magnesium, and a multi vitamin for vitamin A and K. I've been on the 25,000 IU of Vitamin D and 1500mg of fish oil for 3 months. I started the magnesium and vit A and K about 3 weeks ago since I wasn't having success managing the attacks. Im still getting the headache attacks, 5 nights a week and about 4 days a week they carry on into the day. They were initially manageable with some aleve and excedrin migraine meds on top of the rest of the Vit D regemin, but that too seems to be loosing its effectiveness in aborting the headaches. 

Im just wondering do I continue to up the Vit D dose or should I start to consider going back on/trying Verapamil again. Any suggestions? I've had the headaches since I was 14(now 41) and the problem Ive always had was that after 2 years medications would no longer work to control the attacks. As most with these headaches know, its hell, especially when trying to work full time and take care of a 1 year old.

Has any one else had the vitamin D lose it's effectiveness?