Hippocratic Oath

Hipshot

I may have missed something.

Rather than being told about mushrooms; it seems like most often we are being treated like mushrooms:  kept in the dark and being fed sh*t :(

I know we all want to get the word out but why haven't we by this time been on Oprah, CNN, or something like that so as to help multitudes rather than the one at a time that we are all trying to help. It seems to me that it would make a riveting story!... The fact that we risk prison for growing our own medicine! How we know the secret to relieving pain and torment and even preventing death. If more Doctors (like the Boston Headache Doctor) knew about this treatment would they not be breaking rule # 1...First Do No Harm...by keeping their mouth shut? By their silence they are in fact "doing harm"!

I think that me and my story...you and your story... together with Bob and maybe Dr. Halpern would be a story that some outlet would use to get ratings. That's what ALL of the shows are after. The fact that we have to be in the shadows and risk prison to save ourselves and the ones we love is pitiful and heartbreaking.

More sufferers would try our method if their doctors mentioned it. Not prescribed it...just mentioned that they know that some folks get relief from alternatives. Especially if a patient were to inquire or ask their Doc.

I mentioned mushrooms to my neuro and he scoffed! If he knows the potential benefits...lifesaving in some cases...and scoffs at the mention; there is indeed something wrong in Denmark!

I know it is talked about more in the news these days. National Geo. for example.

Anyone who has ever had a headache would watch the "program" if we could get the right TV connection. ...I wonder about a lot of things I guess.

Well the Newsweek article was a step in the right direction for sure, but I agree that Oprah, CNN, 60 minutes, etc. would be really good.

Maybe with an emphasis on the potential of BOL in order to get awareness and public sentiment going in the direction of getting that fully tested and hopefully proven and approved.

When i go hunting shrooms, i look at this shrooms, this tiny tiny natural thing. Sometimes almost feel like crying. Everyone who come along me had to listen to this rant, poor folks... But they take it very serious.

When this mushrooms make our life worthy again, they take away pain so strong that no painkillers can take it away. They save life. To me this is the only thing that could take this away, or help at all. I hunt them so i can live, i try to survive. How can this be illegal.... Looked at from a Human ethic view, this is a violation to the human rights, they allow torture. 

You get it Tingling!

The saddest part of everyone's story is the fact that it takes years and years of pain and hopelessness before we find it.

I guess in a twisted kind of way that makes the relief...TOTAL relief of pain...all the more amazing.

Dan

WHEN I TOLD MY NEURO.I had been on a 4 month cycle,it was my 6th appointment in a month and a half.she could see in my face something had changed for the better,on my previous visit she had said that I was looking terrible. I said "you think" Ive had 3 hours sleep in 10 days. and then she jammed some needles into the base of my skull. 10 days later I was back, the second she walked in,she looked at me and stated "wow, you look great!!" . I thanked her. And said..... I know how I broke my 4 month cycle! she asked if it was the meds she had me on,and I proudly said, no...In fact I'm off of them! I broke them with magic! she questioned me "Magic?" I proudly and with vigor said yes, magic mushrooms! She asked again what kind of mushrooms, and I answered in clinical speech.She paused a moment and then said..... "I can no longer treat you...... I'm not going to loose my license because of you.!" I too took a moment due to shock and responded, your kidding right! you didn't prescribe them, you didn't suggest them,you apparently haven't even heard of them. I have only told you about them and what worked for me so , I can continue to live, out of pain... at least for a while and not entertain some of the thoughts that had previously entered my mind,when in the depression of constant debilitating,excruciating pain and stress. I then proceeded to tell her that, I was in doubt she could loose her license,just because I choose to treat myself, and under Doctor-patient privilege I was pretty Damn sure she couldn't. I then told her I respected her decision , and wished her luck in trying to help the next poor bastard that walked into her office to just be filled with all the meds she could throw at him or her and not help him or her live a relatively pain free existence,and to be a zombie for the remainder of there life ,if they could handle the pain and not just disappear one day, due to the depression or pain. and walked out. a few days later i received a very official letter of patient termination

F CK HER...and her little dog too!

I like your attitude. "Pretty damn sure she couldn't!"

I bet you will end up doing some poor bastard some good in the long run.

She might wake up one day and think...Damn...he really was looking good!

I always thought that doctors and scientists were supposed to analyze data objectively and let the chips fall where they may. You might be her first chip.

I haven't got the balls up to tell my neuro. I thought he was a god for a few years and he did try. He didn't charge me near what he could have, so I respect him. I will tell him though. I mentioned it to him once and I think he thought I was "hopped up on the shit:)".haha. I dropped it.

Thanks Hipshot. It all happened pretty quick, the whole office visit was about 4 minutes. I was in shock when she said she couldn't treat me anymore. I never in a million years would of guessed that was going to happen before going in. And the before and after pictures of me she saw should of said it all, or at least raised some curiosity in her. when she fired me, my mouth just engaged before my thoughts,and it just flowed. I never meant to actually tell her best of luck with the next poor bastard that walks in, and I have regretted classifying a person in dyer need of help  in that term,but it just rolled out because I was actually feeling betrayed and applied the feelings I had about myself,as I had turned to a professional that  should be able to help.I was that poor bastard. On my previous visits ,I had told her about the varap and how it just numbs my mind into a zombie and for me had no affect in supresing or reducing any of the attacks as well as medrol,indocin, or any of the others. when I was on those my son or ex would be talking to me ,I could see them ,I could hear them, but it just went into my head bounced around and turned into a blur of mumbo jumbo that i couldn't make sense of,and often didn't speak back,they thought I was deaf or dumb or even both... hence zombie

Sad but true, had similar story happen to me twice.

Been to doc in my city when my CH bout started 2 years ago and she prescribed me meds like Triptans and Propanolol. I told her about busting and she just told me that in that case she cannot heal me anymore because my knowledge is bigger than hers and I should cure myself LOL.

Then when I tried to get O2 I went to other city, it was main city of 'state' like in Poland. And I told about my case and headaches etc, and she asked me what I tried so far, so I told her triptans but I withdraw from them fast because I felt worse after them, and propanolol and shrooms.

She looked at me and started scribing something, instead continuing and even letting me get my O2 she wrote opinion that I have psyhic headaches that I self-create out of frustration and to send me on detox from shrooms LMAO  ;D BTW she was head doctor from some big ass hospital neurology ward LOL head doctor my ass...

I never been to her again.