CBD

Heyguys

Has anyone heard of CBD helping a cluster attack or helping as a preventative? On day 7 of my cluster cycle and just trying to get as much info and do as much as I can to stop the pain.  Thank you all again for the help and info yesterday.  I appreciate you all.

6 hours ago, Heyguys said:

Has anyone heard of CBD helping a cluster attack or helping as a preventative? On day 7 of my cluster cycle and just trying to get as much info and do as much as I can to stop the pain.  Thank you all again for the help and info yesterday.  I appreciate you all.

Ive tryed it as a preventative and a abortive to no positive effect unfortunately. I used full spectrum CBD oil with doses around 25mg, it slightly relaxes me after a attack but not enough to warrant the expense of it in my opinion. Every one is different tho 

Oxygen is king my friend.

• Like 1

I've been taking a shot gun approach that includes CBD 2x/day, colloidal silver nasal spray 2x/day, D3 regimen and 2 Benadryl at bed time. I am tapering off prednisone. The severity of pain has definitely decreased. Don't know if my cycle is ending or if it's the regimen but I'll keep at it until...

There are threads here where people report results from CBD oil.  Some good, some very good, and some neutral (no effect, or no discernible effect).  No bad results, I don't think.  You can find all references in this forum to CBD oil by typing CBD into the search bar at the upper right side of each page.  I think the ~25mg that you're getting might be a little low based on people that reported good results -- but I could be remembering that wrong.

I use the colloidal silver to keep my sinus clear. I've discovered that for me, there is a relationship between the severity of a hit and the congestion in my left sinus!

It's said that colloidal silver is a good anti-viral, anti-bacterial remedy. It also acts as an immune booster.

Unless one overuses it, there are no harmful side effects. If you start looking like a smurf (turning blue)...you used too much!

I'm just trying to stay away from the big pharma stuff as long as I can.

2 hours ago, JJinNJ said:

I use the colloidal silver to keep my sinus clear. I've discovered that for me, there is a relationship between the severity of a hit and the congestion in my left sinus!

Used to use Tiger Balm for same reason...harder the hit the more congestion OR gusher (saliva too)...either one. Always had the feeling that if I could just blow my nose hard enough I could blow the hit away....NOPE! Careful...lots of backpressure. The Balm worked great on occasion, but never affected pain level so eventually stopped. Definite personal preference thing...…….

It's said that colloidal silver is a good anti-viral, anti-bacterial remedy. It also acts as an immune booster.

SO...nothing related to CH...hmm. Might wanna be careful re indiscriminate use of anti-bacterials….they do not distinguish good from pathogenic microorganisms.  The natural bacterial flora in your nose (and especially gut) are critical to your well being....especially immune system. Personally, I take 10 billion unit's dy of a multi-probiotic...and no antibiotics unless needed....might even be part of Vit D regimen (sorry, I forget at the moment)…..

Unless one overuses it, there are no harmful side effects. If you start looking like a smurf (turning blue)...you used too much!

Waiting for an irreversible side effect to start making dosage decisions is pretty scary J...….

I'm just trying to stay away from the big pharma stuff as long as I can.

Full disclosure: Drugs developed/marketed by 'big pharma" have literally saved my life.... 3 times.... AND made my CH life a whole lot more bearable.....so mine is NOT an unbiased opinion. However, I do  go in with my eyes wide open. I would urge anyone considering using colloidal silver to do same... do a google, bing, duckduckgo, yahoo, pubmed, or other search. Concentrate on the research, .org or .gov sites (e.g. Mayo Clinic, FDA) versus the .coms (usually selling something)….

Doesn't mean I dismiss out of hand all "alternatives" to western medicine....after all, I'm HERE......and swear by acupuncture for back issues....but alternative is not a synonym for safer or more effective or cheaper or better...just different...……..CAVEAT EMPTOR.

Best

Jon

BTW       OXYGEN! OXYGEN! OXYGEN!.... the right flow, mask, and technique and the above may be moot...…………………..

• Like 2

Not that long ago Forbes posted an article about cannabis for migraine prevention.  It got ignored by all the headache advocacy groups (for SOME reason that I will let you all figure out on your own) but I am posting it here because it did include some cluster sufferers.  It was a small study but it found that half of the cluster sufferers had better luck using a THC/CBD combo than using verapamil.  It was a whopper dose, from what I can tell it looks like 100 mg THC and 100 mg CBD  combined.  One interesting thing that was noted was that the cluster sufferers who got relief were the ones who had migraine as a child.  The study was done by Dr. Maria Nicolodi, an Italian researcher that I have been following for a while.  I have a lot of respect for her and have seen a number of valuable studies done by her. Here's the link-  https://www.forbes.com/sites/daviddisalvo/2017/06/29/marijuana-treats-migraine-pain-better-than-prescription-medication-study-finds/#73190af53700

And here is some more info on the study- https://www.ean.org/amsterdam2017/fileadmin/user_upload/E-EAN_2017_-_Cannabinoids_in_migraine_-_FINAL.pdf

In regards to anecdotal experiences, I know one person that has had multiple brain surgeries that were not very successful but he has now gotten relief by vaping CBD as a preventative.  On the other side of the fence is  me, if I take CBD it is one of the worst cluster triggers I have.  High dose THC works pretty well for me at times but I stay the hell away from CBD at this point.  I am pretty sure that in this regard I am just (once again) the oddball.  I have not met anyone else that has ever said that CBD triggers their clusters. 

Hope this helps.

-Ricardo

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

I've had really good success with CBD and managing pain and inflammation. The biggest thing for me was trying to figure out the best one to use since there are so many brands. My local home health provider, Aeroflow Healthcare, started carrying CBD products and the brand they have works really well for me. I've tried other brands and just haven't felt the same result. Their website is aeroflownaturals.com if you want to take a look.

Hope this helps!