Traveling with CH

fireface

For those of you that are anxious or even cancel vacations because of CH.. as I was for years... Here is some reassuring info that I've found out. If you have an O2 prescription.. an oxygen supply company in the area you'll be in will deliver a tank right to your resort. I've done it several times in several states and it is really hassle free. Cost has been very reasonable, also. One supply company didn't have big M or H tanks so they sent out an O2 concentrator that put out 10 LPM. Take your O2ptimask. I can get by with 10 LPM. I'm headed out tomorow for a months vacation and have tanks lined up at all the different resorts. Hope this helps someone.

• Like 1

.... good reminder ff....I used Lincare for multiple CA and OK  trips..took a major worry off the table...same prices as home...no hassles....nifty travel  service form on their website. I'd specify no concentrator tho... doesn't work for most clusterheads...

Best

Jon

I went to my O2 supply office just the other day to get a concentrator. I had an attack start just as I got there. I asked the office lady to fire it up and I would try it right now. She only had a crummy little non-rebreather on it and it didn't do jack shit. Boy did they get an eyeful of a full blown KP-10 for 40 minutes. It was a bad one. She felt so bad for me, she gave me a M-3455 liter tank free just to have in the car. They all developed a new understanding of what CH is. Anyway, I've used it at home with my O2ptimask and it will abort an attack if I get to it quick enough. It takes longer.. 15-20 mins. sometimes... compared to my tanks at 15 LPM 5-10 mins. to abort. 

image.jpeg