Vitamine D3

Virrr

Hello,

I'm Ivo 40 years  from The Netherlands and CH-er. Had Chronic (6-8 attacks a day) CH from my 18th till approx. 30th.
After that it went away for about 10 years but long story short, I'm here for a reason.

Started the D3 regime last saturday and initially responded verry good from day 1. CH went away (even could consume alcohol) unitll I saw my neurologist.
He told me he had heared about the vit. D3 but didn't believe it could actually work.
Also he told me that it is a fact that the placebo effect among headache patients (migraine and CH a like) is much higher than in other groups (like 40%).
But he also told me I probably could do no harm so if it helped I should keep taking it.

Unfortunately the CH came back, still taking the loading dose 50.000 IE a day. (day 7 now)
Not all the extra supplements are available in The Netherlands over the counter so my question is which of the other supplements are mandatory? 

Are there numbers available on how many people that have CH returning after starting the vit. D3 regime?

Thanks

Hey Virrr,

Thank you for the feedback.  Having CH return after an initial pain free response to the anti-inflammatory regimen is not uncommon and easily fixed.  It happens to roughly 5% of CHers starting this regimen.  What has likely happened is you've burned up available cellular concentrations of magnesium that's needed to hydroxylate (metabolize) vitamin D3 to its genetically active metabolite 1,25(OH)2D3. 

The simple fix is stop taking vitamin D3 loading dose for a day or two and double the magnesium dose to 800 mg/day split 400 mg in the morning with breakfast and 400 mg with the evening meal.  When you restart the loading schedule, continue taking 800 mg/day magnesium through the 12th day of the loading schedule, after which you drop the Vitamin D3 dose to an initial 10,000 IU/day maintenance dose and the magnesium back to 400 mg/day.  Doubling the Omega-3 fish oil can also help while on the 12-Day accelerated vitamin D3 loading schedule.  VocTeacher is spot on...  Vitamin K2 also helps.

If this doesn't get you back CH pain free, add 500 mg/day Quercetin.  It helps activate the vitamin D receptors (VDR) that are needed to continue the genetic expression that prevents CH.  If that doen't work, you may have picked up an allergy to something in your environment or diet.  Allergies release histamine in such large quantities, they make nearly all forms of CH prophylaxis ineffective. In this case, see your local chemist for a first-generation antihistamine like Diphenhydramine (Benadryl) and take at 25 mg every 4 hours for a week to ten days.  Second- and third-generation "non drowsy" antihistamines don't work as well as they cannot pass through the blood brain barrier to block histamine H1 receptors at the genetic layer.  Just be careful and not drive as this much Diphenhydramine will make you drowsy.  If you need to drive or be sharp as a tack during the day, wait until you're home for the day then take 50 mg Diphenhydramine as you walk through the door and another 50 mg at bedtime.

Regarding the placebo effect...  it happens with all forms of cluster headache prophylaxis not just vitamin D3.  As the raw efficacy of the anti-inflammatory regimen is 52% for a sustained pain free end point response and 80% for a significant reduction in CH frequency (an average of 3 CH/day down to 3 or 4 CH/week), both are well beyond the highest reported placebo response in CH of 14% to 43%, the lowest value was reported using the strict endpoint; cessation of headache attacks.  (Nilsson Remahl AI, Laudon Meyer E, Cordonnier C, Goadsby PJ. Placebo response in cluster headache trials: a review. Cephalalgia. 2003 Sep;23(7):504-10.)  Even if it was a placebo effect... you're still pain free so who cares... 

If you're the curious type and want to know for sure if this regimen is effective in preventing your CH or if it's the placebo effect... wait until you've been CH pain free for at least 2 weeks then stop taking this regimen...  If you're like me and many other CHers, your CH will return in 3 to 4 days and could take as long as a week.  When the CH returns (and it will), restart this regimen with a couple days at a 50,000 IU loading dose then drop back to your maintenance dose of 10,000 IU/day.  This will get you back CH pain free in a day...  two days tops.  I realize this sounds like a silly thing to do, but it will accomplish two things.  (1) It lowers the probability it was a placebo effect and (2) more importantly, it will give you confidence this regimen is actually working to prevent your CH.

When you've completed 30 days on this regimen see your PCP or neurologist for lab tests of your serum 25(OH)D, calcium and PTH.  If there are any questions about these lab tests, give your PCP/neurologist a copy of the anti-inflammatory regimen CH (and Migraine) preventative treatment protocol from the following link: 

http://www.vitamindwiki.com/tiki-download_wiki_attachment.php?attId=7708

When you have these lab results in hand, please find the time to take the online survey of CHers taking this regimen to prevent their CH.  To start this survey, click on the following link.  We need results from CHers like you to convince neurologists this regimen is a safe and effective CH prophylaxis.
http://www.esurveyspro.com/Survey.aspx?id=fb8a2415-629f-4ebc-907c-c5ce971022f6

Thanks again, take care and please keep us posted.

V/R, Batch

Edited by Batch
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Hey Freud,

I've been providing outreach information about the anti-inflammatory regimen since December of 2010, a month after I developed it.   Since then I've received valuable feedback from from hundreds of CHers taking it.  Accordingly, this knowledge base provides answers to most questions.  The online survey of CHers taking this regimen to prevent their CH has been running continuously since December of 2011.  As of 1 Jan 2019, it's collected 293 completed and submitted surveys providing excellent clinical data.

With 80% of CHers who start this regimen experiencing a significant reduction in CH frequency from an average of 3 CH/Day down to 3 to 4 CH/week in the first 30 days and 50% of CHers starting this regimen experiencing a complete cessation of CH symptoms in the first 30 days, the anti-inflammatory regimen is the safest, most effective and least expensive CH prophylaxis available today.  Moreover, thanks to the feedback and some dedicated research on other supplements, we are now able to address the 20% who don't respond to this regimen in the first 30 days.  The most significant part of this regimen other than the vitamin D3 is diet.  An Atkins-Ketogenic diet with zero sugars, zero wheat products and limited carbohydrates makes a huge difference.  A Feb 2018 Italian study of 18 drug-resistant chronic CHers on this diet provided some eye popping results.

--------

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5816269/

Introduction

Drug-resistant cluster headache (CH) is still an open clinical challenge. Recently, our group observed the clinical efficacy of a ketogenic diet (KD), usually adopted to treat drug-resistant epilepsies, or migraine.

Aim

Here, we aim to detect the effect of KD in a group of drug-resistant chronic CH (CCH) patients.
Materials and methods

Eighteen drug-resistant CCH patients underwent a 12-week KD (Modified Atkins Diet, MAD), and the clinical response was evaluated in terms of response (≥50% attack reduction).

Results

Of the 18 CCH patients, 15 were considered responders to the diet (11 experienced a full resolution of headache, and 4 had a headache reduction of at least 50% in terms of mean monthly number of attacks during the diet). The mean monthly number of attacks for each patient at the baseline was 108.71 (SD = 81.71); at the end of the third month of diet, it was reduced to 31.44 (SD = 84.61).

Conclusion

We observed for the first time that a 3-month ketogenesis ameliorates clinical features of CCH.

----------

I've been in contact by email with the Principal Investigator for this study and provided data on the efficacy of the anti-inflammatory regimen.  We're both confident combining both therapies will result in a jump in efficacy to over 90%.

Sooo....  To my way of thinking, starting the anti-inflammatory regimen is a good move.  Based on years of experience with this regimen, I'll wager your only regret will be you didn't start it sooner.

Take care and please keep us posted.

V/R, Batch

Edited by Batch
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the response. 

The neurologist told me to take the vit d3 but to stop with the (extra) calcium. 
He was aware off the research available but it are almost all open study's but no double blind research so highly unreliable according 
to medical standards.

I'm still taking de 10.000 IE dose every day and the attacks are now down to minimum. (I can even enjoy a beer now)
Hard to say it because off the vit. d3 but í'm anxious to stop it just to see if it works.
Last few weeks where hell. So I'm taking my chances, I'm a bit skeptical but you're work does sound convincing.

I really hope it could be proven some day!

Hi Virr! I have been on the D3 Regimen for years now. Since 2011 or 2012, can't remember for sure. I have my D3 levels checked yearly. This year my number was 124 measured by US standards. This was higher than my normal 103. So, I decided to cut back on the D3 to 5,000/day instead of the 10,000/day I have been taking. Guess what? I have been slammed with O2 resistant hits. Normally I am nocturnal, but these were hitting day and night. So, upped my D3 again and took a dose pack of Prednisone. 

It has taken 6 days to get back on track mostly. I am not pain free yet, but I am getting there. 

Now, you might ask why I did this. Because the doctors stick with 100 as a top number here. Above is safe if your other tests are good. But, I listened to my old doc and sent myself straight to Hades. Never again unless something unforeseen steps up and messes with it!  The medical profession needs to catch up and keep up. They do not and likely will not. You are your own best advocate. 

ATB 

• Like 2

Hey Spiny,

I've kept my 25(OH)D serum concentration between 127 ng/mL and 188 ng/mL for the last 5 years and currently 163 ng/mL.  In that time my serum calcium remained within its normal reference range so no hypercalcemia a.k.a., vitamin D3 intoxication/toxicity.  My PCP is ok with my 25(OH)D this high as long as my serum calcium remains in the normal reference range.  He still makes a notation in my medical record that he suggested a lower vitamin D3 dose.  This is a CYA action.  Accordingly, there's nothing wrong with a 25(OH)D serum concentration of 124 ng/mL as long as it keeps you CH pain free and your serum calcium remains within its normal reference range.

Regarding the return of your CH after lowering the vitamin D3 dose.  You just discovered the therapeutic dose that keeps you CH pain free.  A couple days at a loading dose of 50,000 IU/day will get you back CH pain free a lot faster...

Take care and please keep us posted

V/R, Batch.

Edited by Batch
  • Like 2

@Virrr - I started the D3 regimen early last December. After 2 weeks, I noticed a big difference: The D3 regimen had effectively aborted my cycle. I am still on the D3 regimen, and I still get cluster headaches, but they are tolerable and nowhere near as painful as they had been before I started D3. They either go away on their own, or I can treat them with 400 miligrams of ibuprofen. I no longer need to take Relpax (a triptan). For me, the D3 regimen has been a breakthrough. 

@Batch - Thanks for the additional instructions on the D3 regimen. I found them very helpful. 

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Can't even begin to thank Batch enough!! He's probably saved many lives with his d-3 regiment. I am 65 now and my clusters started in my 30's. Took forever to get diagnosed and then they gave me prednisone which after taking the headaches came back. Tried it all and when I first saw Batch with his vitamin regimen I laughed and thought he was nuts, but I was willing to try anything at that point. Lo and behold in less than a week the headaches subsided and went away. Can't thank Batch enough for what he has done for me and other sufferers. By the way I am episodic... Not chronic. 

• Like 1

I also cannot thank Batch enough i was contemplating suicide my cycles usually lasted 4-10 months and i was at my wits end. Since starting the regimen ive had about 4 attacks in about a month and a half, instead of once or twice a day, and now almost 2 weeks without an attack! The cofactors he recommends are all very important. I take the d3 10,000 every 6 days.

Magnesium 400-800 a day.

Advanced K2 once

A mature multi to get the Zinc and Boron? 

And the fish oil omega 3 two times a day

Along with a probiotic once a day

Never would i have thought that vitamins would be of such help when literally nothing else would.

I still get shadows but ill take a shadow anyday compared to an attack daily.

Thank you Batch your a life saver!

• 5 weeks later...

Hello, I would like to try the D3 protocol.
But here it is not easy to find all the necessary elements to the protocol with a good dose. ( France )

-For citrate magnesium, I saw that there are 2 ways to express the dosage. Should the 400mg be "elements"?

For exemple: AAVALABS Citrate Magnesium 400mg.

eg2g.jpg

-I have seen that some brand uses the DIOXIDE DE SILICIUM in their composition, which is particularly cancerigenic, like the brand NU U Nitrition. Can you give us different brands that have the right dosage. I found the NOW brand for Citrate Magnesium 200mg and Vita World for Calcium Citrate 500mg.

-How long should we follow this protocol?

-Is it imperative that the doses are exactly the same as those indicated in the protocol? I only found :

K2=100µg & 200µg

Bore= 3mg

Vit. A = Nothing

Thank you in advance and sorry for my english, I used a translator.

Hey Cocobongo,

The photos below illustrate the brands and doses of the anti-inflammatory regimen vitamin D3 cofactors I've taken for nearly 8 years.  I'm a chronic CHer and this regimen has kept me CH pain free since I started it in October of 2010.  I estimate over 2000 CHers are now taking this regimen.  I switched from the Calcium - Magnesium formulation to the Costco Kirkand brand Adult 50+ Mature Multi in 2011.  This mature multi is important as it contains nearly all the essential vitamin D3 cofactors.  It just doesn't have enough magnesium or any vitamin K2 complex.  Readers of my web page at the VitaminDWik link http://is.gd/clustervitd have downloaded 26,445 copies of the anti-inflammatory regimen treatment protocol titled CH Preventative Treatment Protocol for Neurologists - Jan 2017.pdf since I put it up online 21 Jan, 2017.

ISwz2Ys.jpg

In June of 2018, I switched brands and type of vitamin D3 from Nature's Bounty 5,000 IU liquid soft gels to the Bio-Tech D3-50.   This is a 50,000 IU water soluble (micellized) form of vitamin D3.  I've found it faster acting and more potent at the same dose than the oil-based liquid soft gel formulations.  It's also less expensive.  Two of the Natures Bounty 5,000 IU liquid soft gels cost 12 cents/day.  If you take one of the 22 cent D3-50 capsules every 5 days (120 hours), the average cost per day is a little over 4 cents/day.  As this form of vitamin D3 is more potent, most CHers will be able to take one of these 50,000 IU vitamin D3 capsules a week for an average cost a little over 3 cents/day. 

I1fb9Dm.jpg

CHers tend to respond faster to this regimen if they start it with the 12-Day accelerated vitamin D3 loading schedule. 

AFvZz5p.jpg

As you can see, the 12-Day accelerated vitamin D3 loading schedule elevates serum 25(OH)D up to a therapeutic range of 60 to 100 ng/mL (80 ng/mL is the initial target serum concentration), in roughly 12 days.  It can take a month to two months to elevate serum 25(OH)D into the therapeutic range taking 10,000 IU/day vitamin D3.  The rationale for the 12-Day accelerated vitamin D3 loading schedule is simple... The faster you elevate your serum 25(OH)D to a therapeutic level, the sooner you'll experience a CH pain free response.

It's best to take all the supplements in this regimen with the largest meal of the day.  This helps absorption and also helps avoid any GI tract problems.  The exception to this rule is while loading vitamin D3 during the 12-Day accelerated vitamin D3 loading schedule where you take one (1) of these 50,000 IU vitamin D3 capsules a day for 12 days then drop back to a maintenance dose of 10,000 IU/day (one capsule every 5 days/120 hours).  During the loading schedule, it's best to take 800 mg/day magnesium split 400 mg with breakfast and 400 mg with the largest meal of the day.  Splitting the magnesium dose like this helps avoid osmotic diarrhea.  Doubling or tripling the Omega-3 fish oil to 2000 to 3000 mg/day while loading is also a good idea.

If you haven't responded to the loading dose with a reduction in the frequency of your CH by the end of the first week, starting a week to 10 day course of Benadryl (Diphenhydramine HCL) may help.

q4lHts2.jpg

Take one 25 mg tablet every 4 hours during the day and at bed time.  Just be careful and not drive if possible as this much Diphenhydramine will make you drowsy.  If you need to drive during the day wait until you're home for the day then take 50 mg as you walk through the door and another 50 mg at bedtime.

If you've still not responded by the 12th day of the accelerated vitamin D3 loading schedule, continue taking the 50,000 IU loading dose for another 4 to 6 days then drop back to the initial maintenance dose of 10,000 IU/day vitamin D3.  30 days after start of regimen, see your PCP/GP for lab tests of your serum 25(OH)D, calcium and PTH.  As long as you're CH pain free, your serum calcium is within its normal reference range and your PTH is in the lower third of its reference range, your actual 25(OH)D serum concentration doesn't really matter even if its over 100 ng/mL.  For reference, over the last three years I've needed to take between 25,000 and 40,000 IU/day vitamin D3 in order to stay CH pain free due to pollen and mold spore counts.  This resulted in my serum 25(OH)D ranging between 150 and 188 ng/mL.  My PCP has no problem with vitamin D3 doses and serum 25(OH)D this high as long as my serum calcium remains within its normal reference range... and it has.

The reason I went into details on cost is simple.  CHers are far better off taking this regimen daily year round, even if they're episodic.  That means keeping the daily cost to a minimum is important.  As shown in the above photos, the cost of this regimen is roughly 43 cents/day or $157/year.  That's less than the cost of two subcutaneous injections of Imitrex (Sumatriptan Succinate). The health benefits over and above preventing CH are huge and hard to ignore.  Once you've gotten your CH under control with this regimen, you'll want to get the rest of your family taking it or you'll outlive all of them. 

For reference, the anti-inflammatory regimen is so safe and healthy for us, I've had my close friends and entire family including 8 grand kids taking this regimen since 2012.  None of them have CH or MH.  The three youngest grand kids were bathed in maternal vitamin D3 at 10,000 IU/day from conception through breastfeeding.  These kids have T-Rex immune systems (they don't get sick) with phenomenal physical, neuromotor and cognitive development.  They're young Einstein wunderkinds and all three were speaking a second language at age 2.

Diet is a very important part of this regimen as certain food types cause inflammation and this can slow or even prevent a favorable response to this regimen.  I suggest an Atkins-Ketogenic diet as there are a number of studies indicating this type of diet helps prevent both cluster and migraine headache.  Start this diet with at least a 24 to 36 hour fast drinking only water and taking the regimen supplements.  Fasting like this burns up blood starch (glycogen) stored in the liver.  This will help shift your body over to a fat burning metabolism that results in the formation of ketones, hence the name "ketogenic."  For reference, the human brain runs more effectively consuming ketones than glucose.

After the fast, it's a very low carbohydrate diet with zero sugars (no fruit juices either) zero wheat products (gluten) and no dairy products.  Wheat products include no bread, pasta, cookies, cakes, crackers or pizza.  No grain or vegetable oils like Canola or Corn oil.  The best and healthiest fats are organic butter, extra virgin olive oil, avocado oil and my favorite, extra virgin coconut oil.  You'll need to avoid carbohydrates and dairy products completely for the first 30 days so no high starch food types like potatoes, sweet potatoes, yams or bananas.

You can eat all the free range organic meats, poultry and eggs you want.  A serving or two of wild caught fish (Ahi Tuna, Coho or Sockeye salmon) a week is great.  You can also eat all the organic Non GMO green and colored veggies you want.  Limit fruits for the first month to a handful of dark berries a day like blackberries, blueberries or raspberries.  Be sure to drink at least 2.5 liters of water a day.  I keep a 2.75 liter bottle of water in the frig and refill every evening prior to bed time.  Taking a probiotic can also help push you into a CH pain free response.  Take the contents of the probiotic as directed on the label until the bottle is empty.  The rationale for this is simple...  We have friendly colonies of bacteria and biota in our GI tracts call the microbiome.  Taking a probiotic will help ensure we have the right mix of friendly bacteria in our GI tracts.  As the microbiome represents a major part of our immune system, taking a probiotic makes for a happy gut and a happy gut is a healthy gut.

When you've been on this regimen for at least 30 days, see your PCP/GP for lab tests of your serum 25(OH)D, calcium and PTH (parathyroid hormone).  Once you have the lab results in hand, please find the time to take the survey of CHers taking this regimen.  To start this survey, click on the following link:

Take care and please keep me posted.  I think you'll find this regimen very effective in preventing your CH.  If you have any further questions or problems, please let me know.  I'm here to help.

V/R, Batch

Edited by Batch

Hello Batch, as every time your answers are really complete.

Here is the list of what I managed to find,  it's pretty expensive finally

Calcium Citrate

Magnésium Citrate

Oméga 3

Zinc

D3

K2

I did not understand what type of dose of magnesium you have to look at, indeed on some brand it is indicated 400mg, but 60mg elements.

I managed to find the Kirkland Mature Multi, should I take supplements if we use this mixture?  exemple: K2, Vit.A, Zinc...etc

I have not used Verapamil since 1 year. I am currently using the Psilocybin protocol, I would like to know if there may be any interactions between psilocybin and the d3 protocol

Hey Cocobongo,

Good questions.  I would start taking the Kirkland Adult 50+ Mature Multi and skip taking the calcium citrate.  The Mature Multi is formulated with most of the essential vitamin D3 cofactors, it just doesn't have enough magnesium or any vitamin K2 complex.  The normal daily maintenance dose of magnesium is 400 mg/day.  If you're starting this regimen with the 12-Day accelerated vitamin D3 loading schedule taking 50,000 IU/day vitamin D3 for 12 days, you'll need to double the magnesium dose to 800 mg/day.  It's best to split this dose taking 400 mg with breakfast and 400 mg with the evening meal.  This will help avoid osmotic diarrhea.

The anti-inflammatory regimen CH preventative treatment protocol works very well with the Psilocybin protocol.  In fact, it appears they have a synergistic effect when taken together as most CHers starting both of these interventions appear to respond faster with a significant decrease in the frequency of their CH.

V/R, Batch

@BatchHey Batch, I started the regime 5 days ago. I live in Ohio, USA and today i was outside in the midday sun UV 9 out of 10 for 2 hours with only shorts on and no skin protection (sun screen/lotion). I fall into the skin type 3 category (maybe a mild burn but gradually tans). Should i still do the loading dose of 50,000 IU on days that i'm in the sunshine for these extended periods of time or skip these days? I still took my loading dose of 50,000 IU today. Just wondering if getting 2-3 hours of midday sunshine plays into the vitamin d supplement regime. Much appreciated.

Hey CS,

Interesting handle...  Thanks for the headzup you've started the anti-inflammatory regimen CH preventative treatment protocol and good question.  The answer is yes.  You still need the 12-Day accelerated vitamin D3 loading schedule taking 50,000 IU/day vitamin D3 for 12 days. 

You'll need to drop back to an an initial vitamin D3 maintenance dose of 10,000 IU/day when you complete the loading schedule.  It's also best to double the magnesium dose to 800 mg/day during the loading schedule.  Split the dose by taking 400 mg of magnesium with breakfast and the other 400 mg with the evening meal. Doing this will help prevent osmotic diarrhea.

Getting lots of mid-day sun can help prevent CH, but that can take several weeks to accumulate sufficient serum 25(OH)D.  The 12-Day accelerated vitamin D3 loading schedule gets you there in 12 days.  Most CHers who follow this treatment protocol experience a favorable response within the first two weeks of this regimen as indicated in the following graphic of time to respond after start of regimen. 

LvzDyFv.jpg

This chart comes from the online survey of CHers taking this regimen.  When you've been on this regimen for at least 30 days, see your PCP/GP for lab tests of your serum 25(OH)D, calcium and PTH.  When you have the results in hand, please take the online survey.  To start this survey, click on the following link:

If there is any inflammation from any source or an allergic reaction cooking away, it won't matter how much sun you get or skin type you have.  Inflammation and allergic reactions consume 25(OH)D faster than you can build it with cutaneous vitamin D3 from sunlight. What's even worse is the CH pain free threshold 25(OH)D serum concentration actually increases to a higher therapeutic level making it impossible to get enough 25(OH)D from sunlight.

If followed, this treatment protocol will build a sufficient 25(OH)D reserve to help remain CH pain free during infections, allergic reactions, trauma and surgery.

V/R, Batch

@BatchThanks for the quick response and great information. I'm 32 and I haven't had a full blown attack in 5-6 years (that being the first time ever) and never researched it until now. I was getting some shadows off and on during the end of winter 2018 but again, thought nothing of it due to having terrible allergies year round (which i take meds daily for) and thinking it was just my sinuses acting up. About 4-5 weeks ago i was hit with one after mowing my yard. They seem to be hitting me every 3-4 days (after cardio workouts outdoors and 2-3 nocturnal episodes) and in between those days i'll have shadows come and go. I strive in the sunshine, so i'm always in it whenever possible. My mind/body has already been experiencing a great deal of relief already after 5 days of loading 50,000 and the rest of the supplements (which i've been on for years including your regime). I had no idea how much vitamin d3 meant to our body when it came to therapeutic levels and the knowledge of dosing. This knowledge i've been reading all over the board has been greatly appreciated. I applaud you of your work throughout your years in every aspect. I shall keep up to date after 30 days. Hopefully this rids the beast!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I finally found the good  products to start the protocol. I could try the D3 alone without any other accompaniments. In 1 month I took: 1 week: 10000UI, 2nd week: 5700UI, 3rd week: 10000UI and 4th week: 5700UI. The result in this month I did only one small crisis in the middle of the night. I do not know yet if this is from the d3 or if I am outside a crisis cycle.

DSC_0738-min-min.JPG

Hey Cocobongo,

Howz the head?  Good work checking out the supplement facts and great question.  It's clear the Kirkland Adult 50+ Mature Multi is formulated differently for different countries outside the US.  Go with the second supplement.

The goal of this regimen is a CH pain free response.  If the CH beast continues jumping ugly, don't be afraid to increase the vitamin D3 daily maintenance dose until you're CH pain free.  Be sure to see your PCP/GP for labs of your serum 25(OH)D, calcium and PTH 30 days after you reach a stable vitamin D3 dose.  As long as your serum calcium is within its normal reference range, the actual 25(OH)D serum concentration doesn't really matter even if it's over 100 ng/mL.  My 25(OH)D averages 150 ng/mL with normal calcium and low PTH as expected.  My PCP/GP has no problems with this. 

• 3 months later...

Hello !

I'm back after 4 months of D3 treatment.

So I started with 1 intake per week at 10,000 IU for 5 weeks. It worked rather well, with the appearance of 1 crisis per week approximately.

I decided after taking it every 4 days for 5 weeks. No crises to declare during this period.

After that, I tried to take it every 6 days, for 4 weeks. Less than one crisis per week.

Since 5 weeks I take the treatment every 3 days. With the appearance of less than one crisis per week.

The beneficial qualities of this treatment are undeniable and I can never thank you enough for sharing it.

I noted some side effects:

- Tingling and feeling of heat on the entire surface of the face a few minutes after taking the treatment. But this is not systematic, it appears between 1 time out of 2 and 1 time out of 3.

-Eczema (small) of the scalp, but I remember that the first signs appeared before the beginning of this treatment, so I imagine that there is no connection with the treatment.

- Pain in the kidneys, probably related to my bad sitting and my mattress that hurts my back. Besides, by changing position the pain disappears instantly.

The first 2 signs are reminiscent of an allergic reaction, so I plan to follow an allergist.

I haven't had a blood test yet, but I understand the importance of doing it.

I wonder if it would be better to take cofactors every day, and vitamin D3 every 3 days (for example)

( I take 10000IU D3, 2xcapsule of Kirkland mature, 1x magnesium, Omega3 & K2 )

I hope my english is enough good, do not hesitate to let me know if something is not understandable.

Edited by cocobongo
Orthographe