Ginger for preventing or aborting?

CHfather

I feel like I have read one or two people here saying that they took ginger daily as a preventive.  Can anyone confirm any kind of success doing that?

Has anyone tried it as an abortive (probably in combination with other things)?  I read a silly study the other day that said that a small amount of ginger was about as effective as a 50mg sumatriptan pill for aborting migraines (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23657930).  

Found this on webmd about ginger:

• Medications for high blood pressure (Calcium channel blockers) interacts with GINGER

Ginger might reduce blood pressure in a way that is similar to some medications for blood pressure and heart disease. Taking ginger along with these medications might cause your blood pressure to drop too low or an irregular heartbeat.<br /><br /> Some medications for high blood pressure and heart disease include nifedipine (Adalat, Procardia), verapamil (Calan, Isoptin, Verelan), diltiazem (Cardizem), isradipine (DynaCirc), felodipine (Plendil), amlodipine (Norvasc), and others.

6 hours ago, FunTimes said:

I have not but I am willing to give it a try. I know people eat candy made of ginger and also make some kind of tea out of it. If it works I will eat the whole root! 

Many people use ginger successfully for shadows.  For tea, you just simmer raw ginger (plenty of info on the internet).  You can also buy ginger tea, but it might not be strong enough.  Also, people do eat candy made from real, strong ginger (Ginger People is one recommended make of such candy), and I think I recall that candied ginger strips are available is many places. 

But aside from treating shadows, I don't know how whether anyone has used it with any success as a preventive or as an adjunct to aborting.

Yes, I have used it to abort as well as for shadows. As with anything else, take it quick, do not take the wait and see approach. I found some real candied ginger 2 years ago and grabbed it. Before, I had used some lozenges that were not nearly as effective. 

I suggest checking on Amazon for it. Mine is Little Temptations crystalized ginger - ginger with sugar. 

• Like 1

Trader Joe's has several types of ginger in candied and dried forms...sourced from Thailand. Alas...the exquisite Australian version they USED to carry no longer available. Never did squat for me re CH.... but dang good spicy eatin'....perhaps related in effect to capsaicin containing foods/treatments helping some folks with some types of headaches/shadows....

I started my day off with 20oz of Honey Ginger Tea store bought and then had a feeling of a cluster come on about 135pm so I took a nickle size piece of fresh ginger and ate it. 

I was doing my O2 at 144pm but the cluster was gone in about 10 minutes.  10 to 20 minutes have been the average abort times for me the last week or so, sometimes with a 5hr drink and others without. 

This was just the first time I ever had any ginger so I will keep notes on if anything gets better or worse.