Scottish buster

donald

Hi there....

Ive been following clusterbusters for a wee while now and am excited by the success stories and the support.

I started having CH's about 10 years ago, but Im beginning to wonder about the start of my sufferring... (kids - close your ears).. about 12 or 13 years ago, I was having some 'happy time' with my girlfriend in a bit of an awkward position, I remember feeling a little weird, a lot of pressure in my neck and head, I shrugged it off and continued (no snickering).. next thing I felt like someone had hit me with a bat.. I blacked out for a few seconds and a murderous headache ensued.. I went to the doctor next day and explained what had happened - they described this as possibly a POST-coital headache, but phoned me an ambulance just in case it was a hemorrhage!

So I had scans and tests and nothing..... until a couple of years later I started getting the CH's... I only diagnosed myself about a year ago when I seen a programme on tv showing a CH sufferer... previously doctors had diagnosed me with stress or tension headaches, migraines, allergy etc etc... I didnt agree with any of this... or with the painkillers they prescribed, which most of the time I didnt take. last time the doc proscribed me propanalol and almotriptan which didnt work.. that was last year.

I thought I had escaped this year as my cycle is 1 a day in july for 4 weeks every year...usually...now the beast has snuck up on me... Im on my 3rd day and they are hitting me as before, im getting shadows from lunchtime onwards and usually feel great right before bed then about 30m - 1hr after falling asleep the headache starts and peaks within about 5min, but they are lasting less time - only an hour or so at kip 8-9.. previously they lasted 3-4hrs...

im prepared - I have 1 batch of RC prepared and frozen in orange juice... Im slightly sceptical as to the potency as Ive never tried these before... (i was a recreational drug user when I was younger and am no stranger to mushies and LSD) I have 50 seeds crushed and soaked (and frozen, as my attacks are lasting a lot shorter time and havent had the guts to use my 'secret weapon') Im hoping to abort an attack and break the cycle...

anyway, its mushy season here in scotland, and im going - a -pickin later this week.. hopefully they'll be out and I can stock up...

so I just wanted to introduce myself and see if anyone had a similar experience as to how their HA's started.. Im not sure if there is a link between my CH's and the story i told you guys... just interested to see.

I know Im not as severe a sufferer as some on these boards, but believe me when that headache kicks in, I would do ANYTHING to get rid... I have nothing but sympathy for all the sufferers and their families reading this and I hope that there is a breakthrough in treatment and RECOGNITION soon. At the moment I have little to no faith in my doctor and the NHS when it comes to accurate diagnosis... I feel there is a culture of prescribing what is 'hot' at the time in the pharmacutical industry and not enough of that old ashioned bedside manner!

Also last night i tried a meditative posture and tried to empty my mind, which helped a little. My usual trategy is to curl into a ball, pacethe room, and take deep breaths and hold them for as long as possible, pinch the bridge of nose, groan, ... thats about it

and thats about t for my first post, I hope anyone reading this has a good picture of me now.. Ill let you know if I take my RC mix and if it has an effect in due course

thanks

Donald

Hi Donald,

Welcome aboard.  I remember my husband's first attack 7 years ago.  He woke up in the middle of the night with a screaming headache.  I do not remember if it was post-coital.  :-/  Probably not.

He thought for years that it was a neck problem as he had had problems with his neck in the past.

Glad you found this place and good luck with the seeds.

Lee Ann

thanks for the welcome guys... for years I have thought mine was a neck problem as well... I was a breakdancer for about 10-12 years and experienced a lot of aches and pains in my neck and back.. the headspins were probably not a good idea either!! ;D

tried the seeds - no success... 50 seeds, orange juice

sat night, 30 liberty caps, dried.. woke up at 1am with someone breaking into my downstairs neighbour and torching the place... luckily only a slight buzz from the shrooms.. hospital with my pregnant girlfriend and  a cople of nights at her dads (with headaches). we are both fine, but I have a new appreciation for the speed and deadliness of fire!

so, last night - no headaches, today, no shadows... hopefully on the same track as Mike, no headaches after 3 days of dosing. Im not chronic, and Im into the middle of my usual cluster... (about 2 weeks out of a month), hopefully a positive result... the pain has been a lot less lately also... but I have been chewing a co-codamol (30mg codiene/500mg paracetamol) and keeping it under my tongue - which seems to dull the pain A LOT although it doesnt seem it at the time as its still damn sore!!! but afterwards I can definately say that it takes the edge off.

anyways... here's to being pain free... [smiley=beer.gif]

i ski'd into a tree and broke my hip when i was younger, luckily i was wearing a helmet but i smacked into the tree hard enough to put some bark in my face and get a nasty impact/flesh wound on the same side as my clusters, just under my eye and next to my nose.

i had had the cluster feeling before, when withdrawing from pot, but i thought they were withdrawal headaches -- the came at the same time every day, for only a week. 

the time the clusters really settled in was when i had a seizure smoking weed, the next day i smoked and an hour later BAM cluster out of nowhere.  i continued to smoke for  a few days after and EVERY TIME cluster, i was bummed.

its been a struggle since then...

good luck to you!

well... no joy for me... headaches back with a vengeance.. 1am till about 5 am last night. now building up with the usual intensity, then peaking and holding a moderate level of pain for a couple of hours... strange.

in my first post i mentioned the feeling of getting hit with a bat... there seemed to be a sort of 'ping' inside my head and what I can only describe as static.. like when you switch the tv off and you can hear a whine. well Im getting that again, accompanied by extreme pressure.. Im kinda worried..i mean im no doctor, but could I be on the verge of a hemorrage? It feels like something in my head is gonna pop... hopefully got the doctors tomorrow.. I want new scans.. this will be the first time for me visiting the doctors, having diagnosed myself with CH's!! every other time - ive been like, 'yeah, worst headache of my life' - 'here, try these painkillers!'. Im hoping I get a doctor familiar with it or at least willing to REALLY diagnose me... NEWSFLASH.. just spoke to the nurse, doc will see me tomorrow - she was very sympathetic and sounded familiar with the condition.. fingers crossed.its mad, but im really excited about seeing the doctor! :D

there seemed to be a sort of 'ping' inside my head and what I can only describe as static.. like when you switch the tv off and you can hear a whine. well Im getting that again, accompanied by extreme pressure.

I experienced this, my head also get very much bigger from the pressure. I wondered the same, they tell me no, and nothing happened, but, know the feeling yes...

Good luck tomorrow. Hope you gonna tell us how it went :)

Hi veggies,

Please tell me that you don't smoke pot anymore.

Hi Donald,

Good luck at the Doc's. Read what you can about Oxygen on this website soz you'll be able to talk to your Doc about it tomorrow. Read about a lot of stuff here; there's a lot to learn.

Ron

Welcome to both of you.

there seemed to be a sort of 'ping' inside my head and what I can only describe as static.. like when you switch the tv off and you can hear a whine.

Same with my hubby! Every time he busted with shrooms he says he could hear a Ping sound in his head !

a lot of people coming off weed, come off the gummy bears at the same tme lol!!

Thanks for the replies... spoke to the doc today and he prescribed me rizatriptan disolving strips.. take one on the tongue at the first signs of the headache..

good news tho.. no headache last night.. I held on to Debi's healing crystal all day yesterday, and tried the old voodoo trick of putting a sharp knife under my mattress to cut the pain in half! something worked!

I feel funny today.. floaty... could be Im surfing a wave of pure stress.. Debi is due our first baby in about 3 1/2 weeks, my downstairs neighbor got burned out at the weekend, my lanlady wants us oput so she can renovate due to smoke damage, we have no money, I dont get paid holidays, aaaaaaargh...if I had a little more money / better job, things would be OK... if I had no job and a little less money things would be OK coz the social would ook out for us, but we are in a cashflow purgatory.. this country is going to the rich,the poor and the foreigners!! :P

haha i dont smoke pot in cycle, thats for damn sure!!  but i do out of cycle.. sometimes.  and the 'withdrawals' really exist, and pot is not physically addictive like cigarettes, but in my case (and others') extremely mentally addictive, i felt like i couldn't do anything if i wasnt stoned... it takes about two weeks of not smoking/feeling like crap to be like WOAH life can be fun!  and clusters helped me bust that habit... I'd say the ONLY good thing they have done for me.  problem was they forced me off of my favorite drug, so it wasnt my choice... which makes me want it a lot of the time.....

anyways, 4 days PF since my bust sunday.  WOOOOO

Hi Dan,

Not addictive in the sense that heroin is addictive; more in the sense that Gummy Bears are addictive.

Ron

i think they say that junk food is just as addictive as cigarettes??  i think my dad might have mentioned that so its credibility is practically non-existent, but for people who are really used to eating junk food, they need it. 

LOL ;D Sorry..... It`s just, why does it always have to be everything coming at the same time!! Extreme condition, everything with us get so extreme.

Oh man i wish i could help out some way!! There have to be a solution to all this+ Social srvices have to see what extreme sit your in?

Good thing you feel better though :)

Thanks Tingeling... like everything, your outlook makes all the difference.. when I made that post this morning, I was all doom and gloom... 2 coffees and some snickers later and Im ready to tackle anything!!

I have some mushies left, but im not sure if it really did anything for me.. that was sat night.. 30 smal liberty caps.. didnt even weigh on the kitchen scales once dried.. I know they had an effect as I had some visuals when I closed my eyes and my inner voice was blethering away to me...

Ill give this rizatriptan a shot and see what happens... hopefully Im near the end of my cycle and I can just abort abort abort until next year!

tips on getting off the weed... exercise - lots of it.. natural endorphines will push it out of your system fast and you will feel lik the weed is a hindrance rather than a help.. I used to smoke a lot and it wasnt until I started dancing 4 -5 times a week for about a month that I felt a LOT better about myself mentally - the weed actually had no physical effect.. I just felt a lot more... MOTIVATED!! ha ha... I do believe that full time smoking raises mental health issues with probably a high percentage of smokers, but like anything (drink, overeating, cgarettes etc..) people will not admit that the side effects ar adverse , because they have learned to live with them.. anyways... once you are off it, you'll feel a lot better, trust me.. and then you can treat it like a fine malt whiskey - once in a while with good company and its all the more enjoyable!! ;D

yeah Ting.. whenever Ive taken these shrooms (recreationally) its always a count... my first time I dodnt really knwo what I was doing and took a heroic dose of 500!! I ended up with straw shoved up my sleeves and trouser legs, kidding on to be a scarecrow...we'll say no more about that..other than I really enjoyed myself!! ha ha

anyways.. last night I aborted with my rizatriptan.. brilliant.. as soon as the pain hit I took the wafer and about 10 - 15 minutes later I felt the pain subsiding.. about and hour and a half later I woke up on the couch.. when I was going through to bed I felt really trippy.... decent enough sleep, but woke up feeling kind of anxious...side effect? Anyways.. at least the pain wasnt there!!

I tried the almotriptan and this is only my second 'triptan' - Ive read thatsome people can go through 5 or 6 different ones, before they get one that works.

the doctor I seen uses this site http://www.patient.co.uk/

Well these Rizatriptan definately abort my headaches after about 45min to an hour and they mess with my cycle... it seems to lengthen the time between my headaches - currently while using these to abort headaches, Im getting 2 headaches over 3 days instead of 3 for 3. Some days though - I wake up with pressure and slight pain and it lasts all day, rather than the usual build up / peak / drop off / pain free... weird.. dont get me wrong, Im glad of the painrelief, but Im worried that Im extending my cluster period or possibly setting myself up for going chronic..

has any of you guys went from episodal to chronic and what was the transition like?