Fog = Shadows?

dmlonghorn

I’ve been having some low level headaches, nothing really crazy or even that painful, but there’s this lingering “fog” that is more bothersome than anything and concentration has been a bit challenging.

I have no issues with my high-level headache indicators, sleep, hydration and hunger – all A-OK.

I haven’t consumed caffeine or energy drinks to specifically address CH before, so I figured I’d see if it would affect the fog.  So I grabbed a bottle of cold brew coffee, took several large gulps and after about 10 mins, success! The fog cleared up.

I’m about a month away from my 1 year CH anniversary and of course my fearful/over-analytical mind wants to attribute these latest developments to something other than CH, but my gut is telling me the beast is stirring and the fog = shadows...?

Always go with your gut. Well, I don’t want to.

Given the timing, in medicine we say when you hear hoofs think horses not zebras. Chances are it’s the ugly CH beast coming back. Do you have access to psychadellics. This may be your alarm bells going off indicating your cycle is about to start and is a perfect time to bust. It would be interesting to see if they went away with some mm...

Sounds like they are on the way back so like Freud said, maybe try busting this before it starts. If you are not ready for that yet I would keep your strong caffeine drinks or energy shots close by and hope for the best. You could also try drinking ginger tea of chewing on some ginger root. I have just started doing this this week and it seems to be helping a little but it is to soon to tell for me.  

It very well could be the beast returning.  I'm sorry to tell you this, because we all know what comes next.

Fog sounds like an excellent way to describe my shadows when they first start.  No pain at first, just a weird feeling in my head and difficulty concentrating. For me it will slowly get worse until it suddenly explodes. Shadows can be debilitating on their own.  Its like the beast is softening you up for the knock-out punch. I am chronic and have this happen pretty frequently.  I have had success with coffee and energy drinks for the baby shadows.  I have also been able to knock them back with O2.  Of course, the beast is persistent, but the oxygen and energy drinks work for shadows too, before the main event starts.

Hopefully the beast is not returning, but it is always best to be prepared.

Hi,

You are not alone ! My wife was in Thailand for the last two weeks to visit her family so I had to run the home alone... working, doing the household and the slightly elevated stress level as hoping that she all right there and nothing happens with her. These last two weeks I did not feel anything apart from one day of light shadows and one single isolated kip 5 attack for 30 min. But I knew once she would be back and my stress falls away, the headaches would explode. And that was what it did. She returned yesterday and today ... baammm it woke me already up around 3 am. Its now 8 pm and still no sign of improvement. It's like a damn stone that sits behind my eye... that constant pushing pain that radiates to my neck, my sinus and upper teeth on the right side. Happily no attack yet but we will see what the night brings. Today I went out to the city seeing some shops just to get my attention off the pain. Now I am sitting here a bit worn out and have finally taken refuge to the oxygen bottle to keep that thing under control. After a two week break, I did not want to go back to the bottle but no choice left ... that's how nice life can be sometimes :)

All the best !

siegfried

Edited by Siegfried

20 hours ago, CHChris said:

I have also been able to knock them back with O2.  Of course, the beast is persistent, but the oxygen and energy drinks work for shadows too, before the main event starts.

I always thought the O2 was supposed to be used for the bad attacks, but sure enough, cleared up the fog like a warm sunrise. B) Thank you.

And Thanks all for your feedback. Now when I hear hoofs, I'll think O2.

• Haha 1