Congress is Useless - Paid Political Hacks

xxx

Complain to Congress you say.  It is bought off.   A reported army of 1440 lobbyists for the pharmaceutical industry is in Washington DC.  The pharmaceutical industry spend $280 million on lobbying Congress in 2018.  That amounts to a half-million dollars per member of Congress.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Income for a congressman is 175k to 225k for the speaker. They are all multi millionaires, you can go online and see how much money big pharma, oil and gass, doctors groups and hospitals give them to stay uninvolved. It is a shame.

• Like 1

To be perfectly honest Batch, I've had no use for politics or gub'mint since they sent 50,000 young men like you and I both were at the time to fight and die in a war under false pretenses.....just to put another dime in their feckin pockets!!

And it's the same damn thing here.....big pharma, tobacco, insurance, ect own all of them!

IMHO, only 2 scenarios can bring about any meaningful change to the quagmire we're in......term limits, ain't no way Congress is passing that......and armed insurrection, and we both know that things are gonna get real ugly with that option before it gets better....if it does in fact get better!!

IDK, there's been several times in the past couple years that I wish I'd made the choice to go to Canada instead of Nam!

Hell, I've taken to turning the news on when I know it's just about time for the weather so I dont have to hear about all the bullshit that's goin on!!

DD

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Brain on fire said:

Oh, I thought Nam was a police action... Uh, maybe it was a conflict.. The body counts shown on the nightly news during Nam were real... to those of us paying attention. When I thanked my late husband for his service during Nam... He said I was the only person who had. His homecoming from Nam was what too many experienced... For his service he came home to disgust.

Dallas Denny, there is another option. Tortola. Warmer than Canada, no offense to our Canadian members. Just remember to get out of the way of hurricanes! A friend did Tortola complete with citizenship. She rarely watches TV, she values her time spent at Bomba's Shack.

I've seriously been considering South of France...however, Tortola looks pretty good to me! Thanks for the tip!

• Like 1

Lmao!  BOF, I just looked back to find the thread "10 years of preventative success"......actually posted 7 years ago yesterday by jammin who is one of the original busters!!

He told us about Bomba's shack and his special shakes.....and warned us that if your girlfriend goes with you and Bomba asks her to sit on his lap that she shouldn't do that!

And yeah, coming back to the world to be spit on and ridiculed sucked.....but it wasn't long before the cold hard truth slapped me in the face and I became an active member of Vietnam Veterans Against the War and dropped out, tuned in, and turned on!!

DD

• Like 2