Why do we stray when feeling well?

birdman

I feel guilty about the fact that I stray when out of cycle.  Life returns to "normal" and I visit less frequently.  I know it is common but still find it unfair.  This site and the people have saved my sanity and I thank it/them by not being here for others?  UNCOOL!  I promise to try to go from a sufferer to a supporter when out of cycle.  Emphasis on "try".

Hope all have a pain free day!

Hey there Birdman.

I understand staying away.

If you were to disappear and we all knew why you weren't on I think we would all be happy for you.

Rather see you here from time to time though.

Being pain free absolutely kicks that ass, doesn't it?

Everyday is a good day...fingers crossed. ;D

Dan

When people are in cycle, the only pain that comes close to, or exceeds the cluster pain, is that which we feel from the lost time with our families. The shared goals and ambitions and family obligations we feel we've fallen short of holding up our part of the bargain.

When the cycles end, the first thing we want to do is make up for lost time. Reconnect with the spouse and kids we've hidden from more often than a squirrel hides nuts.

It takes time to repair some of the collateral damage a cycle can do. No one should ever feel bad about taking care of business at home when a cycle ends or when a chronic gets into a low cycle and can get out and breath some fresh air.

That said, one of the most important aspects of a support board like this is for people to be reminded that others do get better. Reminded that cycles do end and you will be able to get to one of those soccer games.

So, we're always happy to hear from people that are feeling well and making life work.

Bob

Amen.

Not bragging but.

I'm going to drag my boat damn near across Texas to meet up with my 24 yr old son to go fishing. Can I get a big ole "Hell yea!"?

I swear I couldn't have imagined being able to do such a thing for years and years. Time to catch up. thanks Bob, Denny, and everyone else.

Best Regards

Dan

Well said Bob and a huge "HELL YEAH" to Dan.  Hope you have a great trip and please tell us when you get back. 

The first thing I do when I feel I am out of cycle is thank the family for tolerating me and the turmoil I bring about.  They always have the same response, "Glad you are better". 

I promise to try to go from a sufferer to a supporter when out of cycle. 

You're already doing it!  Just by posting a message on here and telling others that your life does sometimes go back to "normal" is encouraging and supportive to all of us.     ;)