Gamacore

Freud

Hi fellow cluster heads,

i recieved a free gammacore through a free trial program my MD is in. The study’s show it doesn’t work that well for CCH and I would like to give it away. If some one out there gets good results but can’t afford one let me know. The divice has not been activated yet and is good for one month once it’s activated. I’ve been getting txt messages from them about programs they have now for people who’s insurance won’t cover it or you can’t afford it. You may want to look into it again if in the past that was a barrier to use. If no one with experience with them is interested I will open it up to anyone that wants to try one. It’s the newer second generation one. Not the original bulky one. It comes in original box with directions. It also works for migraines as well. So if I open it up to everyone all will be considered and I’ll have to figure out a raffle or essay thingy. 

Looking forward to hearing from y’all!

Brian

• Like 2

Damn... I would have taken it. I just got a prescription sent to gamma core for a device. They said Medicare doesn't cover it and free trials are not offered to Medicare insured. They want $600 for a month. I'm really on the fence with this one. I'd pay the $600 if I knew it worked, but I'd be highly pissed of it didn't. I'm two weeks into an Aimovig shot and so far it hasn't done jack shit. Bummer. Missed opportunity. 

I’m so sorry buddy, I shipped it out last week. I had no interest then someone popped up who had success with an older model. I can tell you if you’re episodic it may be worth a shot. Are subsequent months cheaper being that you don’t need a new device?  They sent me txt msgs about zero copay options and special no cost programs. My insurance wouldn’t cover it either but I’m chronic and it doesn’t really work for us. 

Yes, I'm episodic. About 2 months into a cycle. I just got off the phone with Gamma core and ordered it. I figured it was worth a shot even for $600. They said refills are still $600. I go through a lot of o2 that I pay for out of pocket, so if this thing works I'll save on O2. For some reason, I don't have high hopes. Been disappointed so many times with all the drugs they prescribe. O2 is my best friend right now. That was very nice of you to offer that device. I hope it works for who ever got it. 

• 3 weeks later...

Aw, too bad I didn't see this--I'm looking into gammacore now, but the price is a put-off, especially since I live in South America and incomes are not like in the US. I'm sorry for me, but glad for the person who will get it, hope it works! Could you suggest to the recipient that he/she post about the results? I'm thinking about going to the US to get one, but that's not a cheap trip--I'd really love to read more firsthand testimonials. I'm truly sorry you're CCH--that's gotta be tough. My current cycle is dragging on longer than usual, and previous successful busting efforts (MM, prednisone) didn't work this time. It'll end eventually though--I truly feel for you all who don't have that break. It was really generous of you to offer your device like that--much respect to you, Brian B)

• 2 months later...

GammaCore is a joke as far as I have read. I was super interested in it in the beginning but I don't know. One thing for sure though that really grinds my gears is how let's say it does work and it's an electronic device that can help people but these greedy jerks put a timer on it so it stops working so you have to buy another one and they are expensive. I would love to see somebody hack it and make it work for years.

This kind of greed on the medical industry makes me sick.