Gammacore Non Invasive Vagus Nerve Stimulator

Frilling

Hi,  Now that the FDA has cleared the Gammacore Non Invasive Nerve Stimulator I was wondering if anyone out there has used this yet and what 

your thoughts are on it?   I have both a husband and daughter that have episodic cluster headaches.

Sorry to hear you have two family members with ch..I tried the gamacore saphire for  1 month until the numbers were up.. It never aborted an attack for me which they told me it should. I was told to use it as a preventive and use it 2x a day randomly so I did.. and nothing changed.. I was bummed out a little truthfully because it wasn't meds for once and it looked and sounded promising. just my experience.. doesn't mean it won't work for youre family. 

Thank you Boatman for your response.  I am sorry to hear the gammacore didn't provide any relief for you.  Since it is a new product, I am sure insurance isn't going to cover it and didn't want to invest money in it if people have not been happy with the results.   Like yourself it was nice to see a Cluster treatment method that FINALLY didn't involve some kind of drug  get approved and on the market...but was cautiously optimistic. 

The insurance wouldn't cover mine they sent me a denied form.. so I called Gama core to send it back they said throw it out. I was shocked to hear that..  not wanting to give up I took it back to my nuro to see if I used it wrong or wasn't doing something right.. went back home gave it another worl for a while till it stop working. I was out of free "zaps" from it.

Has your husband an daughter tried the D3 regimen. Batch is very helpful here. I been down every big pharma script road taking and trying everything. Im done with them all.. some helped some made things worse and most that did help left unpleasant side affects.. It breaks my heart to her a daughter with these let alone an adult.. I hope you find releif for them.

My experience is identical to boatman.  I had a free model to try and it failed to limit attack, abort attack or prevent an attack.  I tried several strategies without any positive effect.  Very disappointing because if it worked travel would be a easier option.  I have been querying folks since it was released and have yet to find an enthusiast user.  Then again  if  it works those folks might have better things to do than post on forums.

I started the GammaCore Sapphire 5 days ago. once in the AM and once in the PM. All it seems to do is trigger a CH (Twice) I have not used it to abate a attack, I go straight to injectable sumatriptan for that. I have not gained any confidence in the GammaCore yet. I will continue try it for a month till my free trail runs out and make a final decision. 

I have been episodic for 8 years but this episode has lasted 14 weeks so far. generally they are 8 - 10 week episodes. I have tried Aimovig as well and that did nothing.

As a matter of fact I can feel my 4:00 PM beast walking up the sidewalk now. Time for a Zomig!

I tried this about a year ago maybe a bit longer, think it may have cleared some hurdles in Canada faster? In any case, same as a couple of you above, nothing at all, preventative, abortive nothing at all, the best it did was make me look like Billy Idol with a twitchy sneer.