Work and CH

RissG

I work from my car basically , so I have an extra set-up there at all times.   But if you work in an office environment, just talk to someone in charge  and have it there at work 24/7.  I think your boss gonna be much happier to see you at work, rather then having to you miss a whole day.  If I had any employees I wouldn't mind .  My abort times are around 25min,,,sometime I have to go on for 1h , but once I  start to breathe 02 (or5min later) I can actually be somewhat productive and even do paperwork , answer emails etc, but I work somewhat alone, so at least I dont't have to answer any questions or deal with crazy looks from strangers who think that I am about to die.  

I keep O2 in my car and office at all times. I also have imitrex available at all times if I need a quick abort.  Until recently I only got hit at night and rarely encroached on work.  Busting has spaced out the cycles considerably but I am rarely less than 5 minutes away from O2 or injection even when I was 2.5 years pf.

• Thanks 1

Yup...e-tank...the question was how I handled o2 at work...took ona these EVERY day for 20+ YRS...super easy to transport in car and roll around.

used M-60 tanks at home...see below...the e lasted for 2-4 aborts....the M at least 3X that....

Oxygen Cylinder Sizes and Info

Chart of cylinder sizes, weights and dimensions

Those medical E-tank are so light and so easy to knock  over.  Medical M-tanks are much more  difficult to knock over and still pretty light to carry around 

I never liked E-tanks that much , they gave me just around 40min of 02 . There were times where I used 1 E-tank a day.  

Welding M-tank is heavy (32lb) , you can move it around with one hand , but they are heavy.

Edited by johncluster

...e-tanks may have saved my life...YMMV...…due caution for any pressurized gas is called for....never had one single issue with a e in what is a very stable cart....I love me some m tanks.... but am no longer able to carry around...……………..

there are stands, too, that hold multiple tanks.  

and i'm gonna say with great confidence that a full m-size welding tank (let's say 120 cu ft) weighs a whole lot more than 32 pounds.  more like twice that, i'd bet.  here's info for a 40 cu ft empty welding tank (30 lbs):  https://www.amazon.com/Steel-Oxygen-Cylinder-CGA540-Valve/dp/B01E2T4V2W/ref=pd_sbs_469_22?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B01E2T4V2W&pd_rd_r=ead8bfb9-6d2d-11e9-a9d7-63c732323a12&pd_rd_w=omtpf&pd_rd_wg=f455F&pf_rd_p=588939de-d3f8-42f1-a3d8-d556eae5797d&pf_rd_r=5RY00T8K50PYV2B5MX1S&psc=1&refRID=5RY00T8K50PYV2B5MX1S#productDetails

Edited by CHfather
  • Thanks 1

How do you move around full size  welding tank?  How do you have it filled? How do you transport it to have it filled?

Do you have extra long oxygen hoses so you could move around the house when needed?

I wanted to get bigger ones, but I coudn't figure out an easy way to move them around and down the stairs.

That would be nice to have one around without worrying that you run out .

Edited by johncluster

for up to jumbo d you can get a nice carrier bag, like a dufflebag designed specifically for that purpose, easy open ends to access the regulator, padded carry straps, straps to hold the tank secure, foam support/protection around the regulator and lots of pockets, I used them as a medic in my truck, should not be too hard to source at a medical supply store or amazon or the like, they do make it far easier to transport, they even come as backpacks, I have had to hump one 3 km's into the bush uphill so I know they are readily portable that way. :)

Also, jumbo d should last 43 minutes from full at 15lpm, give or take. Also, have not seen this mentioned, but if you are a pilot or know a private pilot, they can get o2 from most airports to keep in their plane for high altitude unpressurized flight.

Edited by devonrex