PROJECT FOR SCHOOL

grivkels

I'm a 12th grade english student and we are doing a project for our end of the year final. I personally suffer from cluster headaches and my end goal for this project is to find others who deal with cluster headaches and find better ways to cope, without any medication, because I obviously can't get that just anytime I want.. 

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated! 

Hi grivkels,

Huge massive hugs to you my friend for dealing with clusters while going through school. As if high school isn't tough enough already. 

I'm sure several people will be more than happy to join in with ideas and their experiences. 

The first 2 things you'll hear about are O2 and Vitamin D3 Regimen.

High flow oxygen (O2) is every clusterhead's best friend. It can cut a 3 hour attack down to 10 minutes. You'll need your doctor to prescribe it, or get a tank from a friendly welder and make the modifications yourself. It is our first go-to option for aborting clusters.

The Vitamin D3 Regimen is a good method for preventing clusters. Details of it can be found in our Clusterbuster Files section. It is essentially a list of vitamins and Omega 3, a few in fairly high doses. But has something like an 83% success rate for reducing or stopping clusters, is completely legal and (pretty) safe. Worth doing it with your doctor's consent, as there are some blood tests that are worth doing, but that isn't so essential. Hopefully Batch, the inventor of the D3 Regimen will jump in soon with his input. Not sure how many teenagers have tried it, but Batch will know. 

Energy drinks and coffee are also helpful for aborting or recovering after an attack. Caffeine is our friend.

If you want more specific information, or have specific questions, feel free to ask. There are good people on this forum with a lot of knowledge. 

Oh, stress! Stress is a big trigger for clusterheads, or actually, the lack of it. Most of us find that a sudden drop in stress (or pressure, e.g. air pressure) can trigger a cluster attack. If you find you get hit more in the evenings and weekends rather than when you're at school, it is probably stress to blame. Your stress levels are higher at school, then drop in the evenings/weekends, and BAM! That's when the beast comes for you. Learning to manage and balance your stress levels, so they don't go to high or drop to low too suddenly is a big key (at least for me). 

Mox