ClusterBusters
Sign in to follow this  
ThatHurtsMyHead

Interesting info on legalization

Looks like Denver is voting on decriminalizing mm..  WOW!!!

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-colorado-magic-mushrooms/denver-residents-vote-on-whether-to-decriminalize-magic-mushrooms-idUSKCN1SD16I

I'm posting this in the general board.  Just for an interesting notice to everyone.  Please no discussion of personal use and we'll leave this in the public board for a bit. :)

Cheers,

J

I wish they mentioned cluster headaches in the article, It would be nice to have a bit more recognition in terms of what that means for cluster headache survivors in Denver, in any case, this is a big victory, this is long overdue 

Edited by Dana129

Ms McCann told the Washington Post: "At this point, I don't think it's a good idea. We're still figuring out marijuana, and even though things are going well so far, we're still measuring the impacts on the people of Denver."

From the article...It’s ironic how people like McCann are so reluctant to take psychedelics into consideration for beneficial purposes because we know little about them aside from anecdotal evidence, and yet people like her are the ones preventing such things to be researched 

The measure to decriminalize passed.  It is still illegal to use or possess MM.  This is a bit problematic because even though psilocybin has impactful positive benefits used in the wrong set and setting or at too young an age can cause significant harm.  That harm will create a soundbite which will detract from the positive movement created by organizations like MAPS.  So ballot initiatives like this are a mixed blessing.