ClusterBusters
Sign in to follow this  
Dana129

From 75 kilograms to 88

Well, I’m pretty shattered after weighing myself tonight. My CH period started jan 25 this year, and at that time I was 75 kilos, I’ve gained 13 kilos in less then 5 months, my cycle is done, ended feb 8th, but I’ve been dealing with shadows since then. When u finish having a cycle, and take a step back and look at how it’s affected you. It’s very confronting, I haven’t been this heavy since 2015, I had my first major weight loss before my first ever cycle back in 2016, 2017, I had my first ch, weight was probably one of the least of my concerns, I was able to maintain weight, but this cycle has really fucked my motivation to keep fit, now I’ve lost so much confidence in myself. All the insecurities I had when I was overweight which was a distant memory are now in the space of 5 months is back. 13 months of weight loss, dieting and intense exercise all undone in just 5 months...CH really has stolen my motivation to take care of myself physically

In 2006, I was nearly a gym addict. I was going 5-6 days a week doing 1-2 hours of cardio and light weight-workouts most times. I was losing weight at a comfortable rate and feeling good about myself. 

Dec 31, 2006 I got a headache that lasted 7 months and was punctuated with migraines (lasting 3-7 days) and cluster headaches. Exercising during or around clusters is fine, but exercise during a headache or migraines makes it worse. Much worse.

So, in 2007 I started putting weight on.

Over the years, I've tried returning to gyms and setting up a regular workout routine, but I have too many headaches and migraines, just as soon as I get into a routing, I get slammed with head pain. At present, I go to Kung Fu once or twice a week, but that's about it.

It sucks big time.

Mox

Thanks Dana,

But, I'm doing my best this year. Trying to workout when my energy and motivation levels are high, and not beat myself up when I don't. I'm eating better and even bought a bike last month. I'm determined to lose weight this year. Headaches be damned!

Mox