Injections

VocTeacher

Hello can someone advise me I have sumatriptan injections 6mg I break them down to get about 4

doses does the same rule apply that I can only do 2 doses in a day I would think the micro dose I could do all 4 and still be safe, I am getting hit every 4 to 6 hours with Kip7-8 I find the small dose knocks them out any advice would be helpful I have done D-3 Topamate, Steroids, and M/M come to find out what I thought was a cycle of clusters is a neck injury that is causing headaches the sumatriptan works and I put the pain just under what I get when in cluster cycle same side of head it really mirrors a cluster with out the feeling of clogged sinus and the pain is a little more generalized to temple and eye and neck  

Freud

thank you for your support you have advised me on every part of this journey and I appreciate you and all the others on this forum I am on 6 moths of cluster/cervical headaches this is taking me to a dark place man don't know what else to do 

That’s what we’re here for buddy!  I’m going on 18months into this wonderful CCH shite. Although my pain and CCH are far worse now than they have ever been some how most of the time it’s easier to deal with and accept. May be because I’m waiting to be detoxed in feb so every day is one day closer to these psychedelics working. I have my moments don’t get me wrong. Like last night, my 3rd attack from 11p-3am wouldn’t abort on oxygen and I just couldn’t take the 10 so I caved and used an injection. The 9-10s have me saying this isn’t fair, why me... but once I get it to break that stops until the next one. I think my lack of depression and anxiety (I do get anxious from time to time) is because I haven’t stopped dosing at least once a month. As far as non CH cervical pain goes I’ve been there too and that is wretched as well. Fortunately in 2017 I had 5 revisions on my cervical burn scars and they stopped my scars from crushing my spine. I had put it off for 10-15 years mainly bc it’s hard to find a surgeon. Just after I fixed my neck the CH started. Both at once must be tough. Anything I can do to help just ask. 

Almost forgot  the daily max of injectable sumatriptan is 12mg  you could do 4 injections of 3mg/day.  Zembrace is half strength sumatriptan injections so you can take 4 a day.  Most insurances that will cover it cover 16inj/4 boxes a month.  Most people get 12 6mg injections per month of full strength. So you get much more to stretch out if you break it down.  My new insurance only covers 50% of any of them so I’m just using what I saved and an episodic friend from here has been nice enough to share some of his.

best of luck  ramble over  lol

Brian

Voc...have you looked into getting suma in vials (6 x 0.5 mg)? No tear downs required and you can inject exactly what you need with diabetes needles. Used to cost me the same ridiculous price as the statdoses…. but with MANY more aborts. avoided the HAMMER of a full dose (which I believe is side effect heavy and contributes to rebounds)...

…..eventually found my way to Zomig 5 mg NS....all the benefits with nuna the side effects for me....added bene of 18 hr 'free " time...…..

5 hours ago, jon019 said:

Voc...have you looked into getting suma in vials (6 x 0.5 mg)? No tear downs required and you can inject exactly what you need with diabetes needles. Used to cost me the same ridiculous price as the statdoses…. but with MANY more aborts. avoided the HAMMER of a full dose (which I believe is side effect heavy and contributes to rebounds)...

…..eventually found my way to Zomig 5 mg NS....all the benefits with nuna the side effects for me....added bene of 18 hr 'free " time...…..

I’ve been told that the vials are no longer available. Here in the NE the distributors don’t have it. I tried several pharmacies from the big ones to Mom and pop

...since I no longer use I don't pursue local access.....internet searches show these below...which I do NOT endorse or know if valid...only link...

...the number of people who report difficulty finding, if at all, tells me it may be a fruitless search....which is really too bad....and puzzling

..if I was a conspiracy theorist I might think the drug companies would rather sell the DAMN expensive statdoses over the more efficient vials...

https://mms.mckesson.com/product/467246/Glaxo-Smith-Kline-00173044902

https://www.healthwarehouse.com/sumatriptan-succinate-6mg-0-5ml-vial-5-pack.html

https://www.txvendordrug.com/formulary/search/drugs/imitrex-6-mg05-ml-vial

What part of the country are you in?

7 hours ago, Steve Gwinn said:

I can still order the vials CVC or Walgreens or Walmart, they have to order them in for me. I use the GoodRX card and get the price way down. I draw 3ml and it works for me.

At one time I paid $110.00 per 6ml pen, I have it down to $ 5.00 per 3ml.