ClusterBusters
ClusterSwarm

This helped me- hopefully will help others

No man I get that. What I am asking people to try involves no illegal drugs or legal drugs. I knew I would catch hear from people who have given up on ever finding a true cure. All I’m saying is give it a shot what have you got to lose. Hundreds of people have viewed my post and hopefully a few will stick to it and find relief . I’m not trying to ruin there good time suffering together I’m just trying to reach out and help . If the old timers don’t like it I could care less.

I personally could care less legal, illegal. If it works, it has no to minimal adverse reactions/ is safe then I’m all for it. But drastic lifestyle modifications may work for some, but not me. Food, sex, and sleep are some of life’s simplest pleasures. I’m not willing to give up all three. CH has robbed me of 2/3. I’m glad it works for you and I hope it continues to. 

Just a suggestion... I'll suggest this in a similar topic as well. Use the magnifying glass to search for histamine dump (it may sound irrelevant, it is worth the time). Please take your time to carefully review all of the posts that come up via that search.

Warning!!!  The post contains the word "CURE" (not my caps) & the word 'cure' doesn't apply to cluster headaches... yet. Therefore the use of the 'C' word can trigger suspicion (particularly in a 1st post) and outrage.

Thanks.

Guys, I think there are some important things that needs to be said here.

First, histamine IS a trigger for CH, and in many cases foods high in histamine also contain other triggering agents. This includes all aged, preserved, smoked, cured, pickled and fermented  foods and drinks, that are also rich in tyramine.

Of course, this does not necessarily mean that a law histamine diet will make a noticeable change for many, but some may benefit. It won't help too many people because (a) histamine is only one common trigger out of many and (b) food is hardly the only source of histamine. Histamine is not only consumed but mostly manufactured in the body, especially during CH attacks.

Benadryl is beneficial for some people as a short-term preventative, because it inhibits H1 receptors in the brain. It's also useful to prevent Vitamin D depletion due to allergic reaction, which is crucial for the D3 regimen in some people.

So, not a cure and not for everybody, but Benadryl and low histamine diet may help some people. 

58 minutes ago, SHG said:

Guys, I think there are some important things that needs to be said here.

First, histamine IS a trigger for CH, and in many cases foods high in histamine also contain other triggering agents. This includes all aged, preserved, smoked, cured, pickled and fermented  foods and drinks, that are also rich in tyramine.

Of course, this does not necessarily mean that a law histamine diet will make a noticeable change for many, but some may benefit. It won't help too many people because (a) histamine is only one common trigger out of many and (b) food is hardly the only source of histamine. Histamine is not only consumed but mostly manufactured in the body, especially during CH attacks.

Benadryl is beneficial for some people as a short-term preventative, because it inhibits H1 receptors in the brain. It's also useful to prevent Vitamin D depletion due to allergic reaction, which is crucial for the D3 regimen in some people.

So, not a cure and not for everybody, but Benadryl and low histamine diet may help some people. 

Thank you sgh! 

Mall I have been trying to say was that I’ve tried everything you can imagine and even things you wouldn’t want to imagine. It was only when I coupled the low histamine diet with giving up caffeine that my clusters stopped. I went through hell since I was a kid and if I could maybe help at least one person it would be worth it. I believe that people like me can’t tolerate too much histamine rich foods. And you couple that with caffeine and boom you get a nuclear explosion in between your ears.

It’s unclesr weather histamine is actually a trigger or they are elevated in the blood during an attack as the body responds to the change in physiology: pain triggers  the release of several substances. Histamine is probably released in response to some of these substances. And you end up w a positive feed back cycle until the attack ends.  I found this old gem while searching the web for histamine and CH. JAMA 1971!

edit: just found this too. It’s many of the substances released during a CH Positive feedback substances

Edited by Freud

That is why I made the suggestion, link to the thread. Shucks! Just to a comment. Ya really have to read tge whole thread for context.

Edit: Link to the thread:

https://clusterbusters.org/forums/topic/1765-my-theory-behind-clusters/?tab=comments#comment-22598

Edited by Brain on fire
Correct link